*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370479-Summer-15-Asma-September-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#370479 added September 3, 2005 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
Summer: 15 Asma (September 3)
TREASURE OF THE DAY

Her hand is a miniature
of mine, spoon in spoon
as I hold it in the night,
her fingers cool as the cat's paw
in the minutes just before
and after death
when I stroked the little pads
of his feet. She is afraid
of her dreams tonight.

from: "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor

I write elegies too: See the folder "Death, specifically: "A radiant moon has set and "The sound of lavender. Or my tribute to James Doohan of Star Trek fame, "Scotty's last lament (James Doohan). And "One ... Mississippi ... Two was written for my cousin Barbara as Dennis took aim at Mississippi this summer. Seems appropriate as her area was partially destroyed by Katrina. For another view of death as a natural part of Nature, read "Of mice, owls and moonflowers. 'Are the dead cheering us on in our endeavors?' is the theme of "In bleachers bare.


2005-09-03
late afternoon, 90 degrees. 72 in Fayetteville, AR. 84 in Missoula, MT

It's hot here. The football game will start in an hour. Two of the college programs I need to check out further are: the University of Montana where it is warm today; the University of Arkansas which is under a flood watch. Both have strong Creative Writing departments.

This is an edit of an email I sent out today regarding what individuals and communities can do about the crisis in Louisiana:

If a man is thirsty, give him water.
If a man is hungry give him food.
If a man is homeless, give him a home.

Very simple. Solutions are shorter than the arguments surrounding them.

Not everyone can take a person or family in. But everyone can open their arms and share their heart.

The people of Louisiana need homes. Many of them lost family and friends. They have nothing left. They are traumatized, scared and hungry.

Unless you have been homeless, in a war zone, incarcerated, in a refugee camp, insitutionalized, you personally do NOT have the experience that these people will be facing.

There are plenty of empty bedrooms throughout the country.

Let those who have the space open up their houses and homes.

Let those with means pay for it.

Let the many who have heart-to-spare provide the support these people will need.

Solutions are very simple. Finding the Will to act takes more effort.

2005-09-03
late morning, 81 degrees. 66 in Jamestown, NY.

Talked to my cousin Carol Johnson in Jamestown this morning of the Fifteenth day of Names. Everyone is doing fine. Even her son Ryan who is working two jobs and going to JCC! She and her brother David Sims have sold the land in Busti that was in her mother's family for over half a century. Keeping the camp and pond.

Reedited "Yes, redbuds sing to some level of satisfaction. Worked on rhythm and meter. I wrote it yesterday in response to a journal entry of therealcrow.

OVERHEARD

"Why is your head jerking back and forth for?" Guitar Dave re Sarah on Eight-ball's shoulders.


SENSED YESTERDAY:

Juiciness of Starburst; salmon-red blush of crabappples; milky pods ripening on a vine; long grey and white quill; black aphids on grape tendrils; peach colored salvia; lilac; unraveling an ace bandage.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370479-Summer-15-Asma-September-3