*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372295-121904---The-Police-Chase
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1010229
A collection of my flash fiction. Most was written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge.
#372295 added September 11, 2005 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
12/19/04 - The Police Chase
The Police Chase
By: Robert Watson



Justin deftly steered the automobile onto a side street and continued speeding down the road. A half dozen police cars quickly followed after him in hot pursuit. It was going to take another one of his miracles to get him out of this tight situation.

He wasn’t innocent, though. He knew that. In the past few weeks, he had committed a numerous amount of crimes ranging from theft to murder. Even the vehicle he was currently driving wasn’t his; it was his ex-girlfriend's.

Glancing out the rear view mirror, Justin noticed that the police cars were gaining on him, and fast. He pushed the pedal to the floor.

“Pull off the road, now!” a policeman in the nearest cop car shouted through a megaphone. If he thought Justin was going to obey his command, he was nuts.

Justin maneuvered the car onto the busy highway. His goal was to get to the next nearest city and lose the police there. Several cars had to swerve out of the way to avoid getting into a collision. He steadily progressed down the interstate at over a hundred miles an hour.

A few seconds later, the engine started to make a whirling noise.

Justin began to panic. Sweat glistened on his forehead. “Come on, baby, don’t die out now,” he coaxed the vehicle, hoping to make it off this next exit.

It doesn’t take much for your life to be turned upside-down. In Justin’s case, all it took was a split second. He diverted his eyes from the road for only a moment. He never felt the impact of the big 18-wheeler. He never felt any pain for he was killed almost instantly.

This ended the chase on Interstate I-80 on that cold snowy night in January. The bad guy was the loser.

Words: 300
© Copyright 2005 Robert Watson (UN: jsbulldog89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372295-121904---The-Police-Chase