*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374153-Gods-Grace
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #976801
Journal writings about my youngest son's journey with spina bifida
#374153 added September 20, 2005 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
God's Grace
What a morning. My husband got our oldest daughter off to school, while I was in charge of the other three. Jack pulled Nate's full bowl of cereal off the table and all over himself and the floor. His expression of surprise made me laugh. I managed to get everyone dressed and fed and was getting ready to bring desserts to the teachers at school. It was our "teacher treats" day. There was also an assembly at 8:30am that I wanted to get to. Hurrying, I rounded the corner to the kitchen and, behold, there was Nate, our two year old. He was sitting on the counter, a bowl of powdered sugar between his legs and powdered sugar layering him and everything around him. He was dressed in a blue T-shirt and blue jean overalls. Now, covered in white handprints and smears. Luckily, that made me laugh, too. However, now we were seriously late for the assembly and we still had to bring in the treats.

A morning that started with love and laughter, which could have been filled with frustration, is God's grace. And, then, (now I'm starting to cry, yet again) I turned on the computer to quickly check our email. I find this wonderful collection of blog comments on writing.com. Prayers and thoughtful, caring words that came at a time when I needed them most. Little Jack, who is so loved and so blessed, is surrounded by prayers. It's a soft field around him that will keep him close to God. And I will never be able to explain how much comfort and kindness I have found in your words. Thank you for praying for Jack. As heartfelt and as simply as I can tell you: thank you.

© Copyright 2005 momoffour (UN: momoffour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
momoffour has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374153-Gods-Grace