*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376109-Happy-Birthday-Son-Shine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#376109 added January 25, 2013 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Birthday Son Shine
It's heading for noon in England and as yet I've not made a start on my list for today. I didn't find time to blog yesterday and hadn't much to offer anyway, but I did read a lot of my favourites, so wasn't totally inactive. But I have a feeling I'm going to have to prioritise my time and my life. I love WDC and the friends and activities, but more and more I'm finding it difficult to catch up. No one can tackle all the things on here but I think the time has come for me to say I'm going to have to cut back a bit. I can't read and comment on all the blogs I read, review people's work, contribute to Newsletters and interactives, learn new things and write my own stuff too. Other things are suffering. So, I'll still be here every day I can obviously, but I think my input has to be reduced somewhat. I say this but I know the temptation to resist will be difficult.

My writing class on Tuesday was flat and uninspiring and as suspected, my own contribution to the homework was not too well received. I think I'll scrap it. When I summed up what I learned that evening it was one word - nothing. I'll stick out this term as I've paid for it, but sadly I think the time has come to say goodbye to classes and do more of the writing I want to do. Much on here for a start and things I've put on the back burner. And if I'm not in writing mode then there are many other hobbies I can pick up again. In theory anyway, but my days seem to pass in a blur and with parents, home, garden, friends and just the everyday things that crop up, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever have time for even a handful of the things I wanted to do when I retired. Again, I must prioritise.

Today, the little boy I talked about in my last blog is twenty -four. Now, where did that go and what have I done with it? I have a step daughter and often wish I'd had more children but the one I have fills my heart with love and pride. He's a wonderful person, has a responsible job working in the community and a great manner with other people. He's kind, caring, funny, easy going and appreciative. If I haven't achieved much with my life at least my son is my one shining light; my opus magnum. He plans on travelling the world next year and I don't blame him for that. I'll miss him but feel he has his priorities right in wanting to see things while he's still young.

Anyway, I have his gifts to wrap, my hair to wash, housework to tackle, dinner to prepare and next week's homework to think about, so I'd better proritise and get on. I know the pull will be too great to not return later but I will promise myself I can only do so many things on here in one session- maybe five! *Wink*

FOOTNOTE - I was back again after an hour as I remembered something I'd forgotten to print. Maybe I've phrased the above badly. I have NO intention of leaving or even taking a break from the site, just cutting down a bit on the time I spend here. It might turn out to be a false claim too! lol

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376109-Happy-Birthday-Son-Shine