*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378493-As-the-Song-Goes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#378493 added October 10, 2005 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
As the Song Goes
What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in, why it's almost like being in HELL. La La La.

Rather than describe my day, it will be quicker to list events. As there are many, I'll refrain from numbering them and if you're already tired I suggest you buzz off to someone elses's blog who actually has a life or you might nod off.

8.30am. Get up, put washer on for parent's bedding. Their washer is causing problems and mum isn't too good using it as she gets easily confused. But don't tell her I said that.

9.00am After a swift cuppa, wash, dress etc do basic essentials and hang out washing.

10.00am. Ring mum to make sure she's okay. Write shopping lists - one for us and one for her.

11.00am Bring washing in to tumble dry as it needs to be back in case dad comes home. Write a duck war chapter while waiting for hubby to return. That was no chore. *Smile*

12.30pm. Set off for hospital to see the consultant. He hadn't arrived so sat with dad for a bit. He seems in good spirits but his deafness makes conversation difficult.

2.00pm. Still no sign of the consultant. It's been a lovely day here and the heat in the hospital just overpowers me so had to go outside to have a smoke and phone mother to tell her I'd be late.

2.30pm. Consultant finally arrives and informs us it's the first time he's seen my dad so hasn't examined him and it would be best if we came back on Friday. *Angry*

3.00pm. Grab a quick lunch then off to the supermarket. Load car with shopping and laundry and head off to mothers.

4.00pm. Unload mother's shopping, make up the bed with clean laundry, go next door to give them gifts for being helpful, lock shed, collect more washing, make sure mother is locked up and has all she needs and walk home.

5.30pm Arrrive home, spend a little time on the computer...ring ring, talk to sister about the situation.

6.00pm Phone various people to cancel activities tomorrow. Load washer again.

7.00pm Grab a quick meal and take a bath.

9.00pm Pour wine, sign into WDC and read blogs.

10.00pm Hubby asleep in the chair and the b***** computer won't even allow me to play a game of Scrabble for some reason.

The end of a perfect day but you won't hear me complaining. *Wink* You know, a little thank you wouldn't go amiss now and again, but at least I've had some fun and support from you people. For that I am grateful and tomorrow IS another day. But I'm not sure I want one! lol


© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378493-As-the-Song-Goes