*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382560-Lets-get-ready-to-Ruuuumble
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#382560 added May 16, 2006 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Let's get ready to Ruuuumble!
Last night, I went to a high school football game with Manda, her mom, and her nephew who's 9.

It was somewhat spur of the moment, but it was the last home game of the season and I had mentioned missing them, so she had mentioned that to her mom and actually it was her mom who'd been like "hey, come on down..." and such. Well, I had planned on doing something for Halloween for Manda. I made her this lil cup, filled it with dark chocolate, etc., and some other stuff. Basically, what ended up happening was I made a cup like that for her (with a larger dark chocolate bar and an eeyore statue thingy), for her mom (candy mix with a chick-o-stik), and for her nephew (2 types of sweet tarts and twang). Well. on a wrapper of Manda's candy, I'd written her a note.

I was nervous about all of this. I really didn't want to spend that much time with her mom cause I'm somewhat scared of her. But, the last time I went to see Manda, I kinda realized that me being scared and not being around her mom wasn't doing any good. It was making her mom, more than likely, not trust me as much. It was making things harder on Manda. And if Manda ever tells her mom that we're dating, I'd prefer for her mom not to think I was the scum of the earth. I'm not that bad of a person, I know that. Manda's mom needs to know it as well. And honestly, at times, the woman isn't too bad and I rather enjoy talking to her.

When I first got to her house, it was a little bit before we needed to walk to where her mom works (I could have driven, but it's like a 5-10 minute walk) and Manda motioned me back to her room. I swear. Everytime we kiss after it's been a while since we've seen each other... it's like the first kiss all over again... it takes my breath away every single time. And it leaves me with my heart beating faster. She has the same reaction to it. Why? And we held hands at the game for a bit. She said that when she was growing up, people would make such a big deal out of holding hands, she never understood that until I came along. She never knew how big of a deal it could be. And she never expected to feel the way she does about us holding hands.

I had fun at the game last night. They're supposed to have a bad team, but they won last night. Which lead to her mom saying that she needed to bring me to the games next year. Her mom left after half-time and such, so we were responsible for watching her nephew.

Went back to her house. Stayed for a while talking to her, her mom, and somewhat her nephew. It was actually fun. Then her mom brought up stories and pictures. Of which, Manda, her mom, her nephew, and I ended up sitting in the floor around their ottoman looking at a photo album of Manda as she was growing up. She was so pretty when she was a little girl. I made some comment last night of "You've always been gorgeous... apparently." Which amused her. It had a picture of her covered in mud. One of her in the tub, stuff like that. I felt it was fair after my parents telling her stories and bombarding her with pictures.

Then, Manda was told she'd better watch her grades this upcoming semester and that she could get some help from me since apparently I have things under control. Her mom was telling me how Manda never really had to study in H.S., I told her I'd always had to. I guess that's the reason why the transition into college really wasn't that hard for me.

I think I'm going to go and call my parents now. I feel like talking to my mom for a while.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

© Copyright 2006 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382560-Lets-get-ready-to-Ruuuumble