*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383099-Working-on-My-Novel-Day-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#383099 added November 1, 2005 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Working on My Novel Day 1
The dream, memory actually, only returned when her crew and ship were in mortal danger. Reaching over to the night stand, Mari picked up the communiqué from the Scavenger's high council. It came nine days ago, not over the ship's radio, but in a metal communications capsule sent through subspace. Again she read the message, trying to find something in the wording that that would have alerted her sixth sense to danger. However, the messages was spars and to the point: "Proceed immediately to Callous Three. Ambassador Knofloft will meet you on Moon Three, Third Level, Room One."

"Knofloft," Mari said getting out of bed and walking to the dresser. "He's not on the Scavenger's high council, so he must be a member of the United Planetary Systems council, but not from either Myst or Earth."

Laying the message on the dresser, she looked into the mirror. Her nut brown complexion and lavender flaked green eyes revealed her mixed Mysten-Earthen heritage and made her the perfect person to deal with any problems on Spectrum, Callous' third planet. Maybe that was why her sixth sense was tingling, the Earth and Myst colonist were fighting again. However, that still did explain the presence of Ambassador Knofloft.



© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383099-Working-on-My-Novel-Day-1