*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385261-We-love-the-ghetto
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#385261 added November 10, 2005 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
We love the ghetto!
Hey folks, your boy Banks here, to have a quick show. After reviewing past shows it looks like i've ered this topic already, but in recent times I think I really have to visit this topic again... Oh, how youths (yes i can be labelled a youth) in this generation LOVE being ghetto youths. In posts #44 Understanding women take 3 and 45 People's attitudes I WAS in fact talking about ghetto youths, but now more than ever the situation is growing far worse and I seriously cannot comprehend why society is heading towards this direction...

I just don't understand it... it's like you are seeing yourself being destroyed and you're doing nothing to stop it. WHY ARE PEOPLE DOING THIS?? I don't understand. Look at rappers nowadays. I'm pretty sure i preached about this, but i can't remember which post i did this in before. Rappers use the same formula now all the time. Rapping about girls, cars, money, wearing the gangsta clothes have alot of random women in their videos wearing nuttin but lingerie or swimsuits etc. There's no substance no more... and the stupid thing is that the mold is workig!! EVeryone is just eating it up with the whole silly pimp or gangsta thing!
'I'm from the hood yo, i had it rough. I had to sell crack in order to get by. I know how the grind goes etc. etc.'

But, rappers aren't to blame for this nonsense. People themselves need to own up to their stupidity. You KNOW your family is poor and you don't have much money, yet every fortnight or every month you go and spend you money on jewellery, clothes or weave?? Why! Save some money! Only spend money on groceries, aim HIGHER! Get OUT of the ghetto, get OUT of your poor lifestyle. Instead of spending your money on nonsense focus on spending money on buying your children textbooks and lessons, so your child could grow up to make something more of himself instead of following the idiotic mold that is his surroundings. Why would you let your child grow up on the block and become a thug? You want your child to be a gangsta guy or a gangsta girl? You want your child to live a short life? Or at least a perilous one?

Geeeeezz.... how could you WANT help and you aren't doing anything to help yourself? It's all about the BLING BLING all about the paper... all about doing what YOU have to do to be at the top or someone with power in your LOWE LEVEL SOCIETY which you call your kingdom... maybe i'm once again starting to exaggerating, but how could SO MANY PEOPLE BE SO WRONG... is life THAT hard that you have no other option left...

Yes, it is.. some people have no choice, but become a thug to support their parents and family. I personally don't like the direction our generation is heading.. it needs to change and needs to change fast.. Get some education, make something of yourself, educate your friends and family.. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

I'm out for now peeps... Take care of yourself... Stay tuned for more Banks!!

© Copyright 2005 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385261-We-love-the-ghetto