*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387480-Oh-What-a-Night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#387480 added November 21, 2005 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
Oh What a Night
If it were summer, sis and I would have watched the sun rise on Sunday morning, but as it was we stumbled into bed in the early hours. It didn't seem too bad an idea at the time but yesterday confirmed I'm getting too old for self-indulgence and burning the oil after midnight. *Sick* I could hardly wait to return to bed at night.

But as often happens when I'm over-tired and desperate for sleep, it wouldn't come. I left Sleeping Beauty in his armchair yet again and slipped into bed, anticipating a long refreshing sleep.

Toss, turn, toss turn. My ears seemed to hone in on the television still playing to itself in front of zonked out hubby. So got up to close the doors.

Toss, turn, toss, turn. Decided my feet were cold so got up to fill a hot water bottle.

Toss turn, toss, turn. Hubby awakes and comes upstairs to make his bathroom noises.

Toss, turn, toss, turn. He gets into bed and starts snoring within seconds. Move to back bedroom.

Toss, turn. toss, turn. Some distant dog decides to bark and howl at the moon.

Toss, turn, toss, turn. The brain decides it doesn't want to sleep and starts filling up with thoughts and images.

Toss turn, toss, turn. Must have dozed but woken by strange dreams. I'd even reviewed a story on WDC but no idea whose it was.

Toss, turn, toss, turn. Son's alarm goes off followed by his preparations for work.

Toss, turn, toss, turn. Hubby gets up. Nose blowing followed by pot clanging in the kitchen.

Toss, turn, toss turn. Feel decidedly cold so decide to get up. Everywhere frosted over and hubby forgot to put the heating on. *Pthb*

So here I sit, frozen and still tired and wondering why all the things I'd contemplated doing today don't seem so appealing now. Such is the way of life. Nothing to do but make a list and just get on with it. It's better than going to work I know, but hardly mind-blowing when a trip to the supermarket is the highlight of the day. I bet they'll be playing Humbug songs too. Aren't I a bundle of joy?

Oh well, grump over. Put on the happy face. *Laugh*




© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387480-Oh-What-a-Night