*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388575-Where-in-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#388575 added November 27, 2005 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Where in the World
I hate not having something to write about or inspiration for new things but have to admit to going through a very sparse patch. Days are short, dark and cold, life is pretty bland with niggling worries and I admit I'm finding even basic functioning a bit of an effort.

My son has gone to Amsterdam for the weekend with some friends. His flight was delayed yesterday due to some severe weather, which worried me for a while. But he's arrived safely and having a good time by all accounts. I won't ask what he's been up to in this very liberal city when he returns as long as he's safe. *Blush* I think I'm going to find it rather difficult when he sets off on his world travels next year. Don't get me wrong; I don't want him tied to his mother's apron strings (actually, I don't even own an apron) but not knowing where in the world he is at any given time is something I don't look forward to. My son is the one thing in my life I can honestly say I'm proud of.

My nephew flew to Canada this morning for the third time, in connection with his work. If there's one thing I envy today's youngsters it's the opportunity to travel. When I was young (pause for violin music) a day trip to France was considered exotic.

My Aussie internet friend's daughter is travelling at the moment too. She's been to London, the Netherlands, Greece and Turkey and arrives back in the U.K. next Tuesday. Any time after that she may travel north to stay with us. Much as I think it's great to meet someone related to an internet friend, I'm a little nervous. I'm not used to young ladies! I hope to make her feel welcome and ensure she enjoys her stay but it's not the best area or time of year for sightseeing. Maybe I'll get her to write me a blog entry. She's bound to be more interesting than me. lol Oh, I'd so love to jump on a cruiser and sail away for a few months...sigh.

Hubby's booked a holiday in Sardinia for next June. It's somewhere I've always wanted to see and I know he'd do anything to try to make me happy. Except he doesn't understand the thing I crave most is some space and time to do my own thing. What is it with me? Why have I never felt satisfied with my lot and why do I always feel there's something missing? Better not get into that.

Where would you like to be at this moment in time? For me, definitely on water somewhere warm and romantic. But who with? Now, maybe that's the thing that makes me feel incomplete. I never met Mr Right. The one I married has the first name of 'Always.' Sometimes I just can't help wanting more and I don't like myself for it. But, c'est la vie, no one ever promised life was easy.

It might be easier if I stopped grumping and went to bed though. Wish I could sleep until spring.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388575-Where-in-the-World