*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389093-Brutal-Honesty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#389093 added November 28, 2005 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Brutal Honesty
All day I kept trying to think of what I would add to my blog. Nothing terrific or terrible happened today. God seemed neither close nor far away. Today was just another day, boring, even for a Monday.

So, while I was taking a break at work, I decided to surf WDC. I found a journal by drakeborn called "Invalid Item. I dove right in, because the theme was very similar to my own blog.

She doesn't update it often, but every single entry is either a high point in her life, or a very dark one. Her honesty in her feelings about religion and God will nearly make your heart stop. Some may even find her words offensive.

I however, loved every word I read. Not only do her struggles mirror my own at her age (eerily similar), it's her kind of brutal honesty we could all emulate. How often have we wanted to tell God to "piss off" and readily admit it, not just to others, but to God Himself?

That not only takes courage, but proves to me just how strong her walk with God is. She doesn’t try to hide her thoughts and feelings from Him, because she knows she can’t anyway.

None of us can.

© Copyright 2005 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389093-Brutal-Honesty