*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390380-Autumn-12-Qawl-December4
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#390380 added December 4, 2005 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Autumn: 12 Qawl (December4)
2005-12-04
vespers, 22 degrees. 56 in Moraga, CA

Gets cold at night at St. Mary's College. They have an MFA program. Not having any luck in finding programs that fit. Long list that doesn't. Am leaning towards 'studio' as opposed to 'studio/research' anything more conventional than that is not going to work.

At noon, Prof. Berghout did her Christmas 'vespers' at the bell tower. She was going to play for 30 minutes, then decided to play for an hour.

It saddens me that the university body here cares so little about the instrument and the program. Not every university has a 53 bell carillon sitting atop a monumental campanile. I just don't understand. All the money and effort here goes to football and basketball, and only the programs that make money, i.e. MEN's not women's basketball. I would love to be able to afford to go to a basketball game, can't. Could've gone to women's game yesterday, but I was scheduled for glasses. The 'business model' is definately ruling this place. I want out.

2005-12-04
afternoon, 28 degrees. 78 in Miami, 29 in Buffalo.

Bills always like to play at home ... unless the game is in Miami. Than winning there is okay too.

Why am I here? I could be someplace warm. The sun is out, but it is not a warm sun. Good day to curl up with a book and read. Don't feel like doing much of anything at all. Need to do a cover letter for MFA programs for my prof. Do I care enough today to do it? Nah.

Ate sardines in mustard washed down by strawberry-banana nectar. Burp.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390380-Autumn-12-Qawl-December4