*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396333
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1050948
A Princess is forced into a loveless marriage but will it will be loveless forever?
#396333 added January 2, 2006 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Two The Princess Remembers
The Kingdom had all wandered what happened to Marina. They figured that she had left because she was jealous of the marriage of Princess Calista and Prince Adorian. A lady-in-waiting wasn't missed as much as the King or one of his family members would have been. Calista couldn't remember what had happened to Marina because of Alicia deleting Marina's suicide from her memory.

Calista and Adorian had been married a little over a month. They didn't sleep together all the time. Some days, Calista only saw her Prince at meals. She done her usual things like feeding the ducks at the pond, riding her horse and helped her mother host a ball. She danced with her Prince and he held her close and would bow down to her if they happened to pass each other in the hallway. At least he was only four years older then her and was handsome with his long dark brown hair. Adorian was jealous when other knights danced with her at the Ball because she was his property. He would never want to give up his chance for the throne. Calista was in no hurry to be Queen. She was only seventeen years old. As for a baby, she wanted to get to know Adorian first.

It was a nice night with a full moon and Calista went out to the balcony and she heard the ocean waves roar in. This was such a beautiful sound to her ears. She saw a ship on the sea and smiled as she wished that she could travel on the sea sometimes but she had heard stories of sea monsters, pirates, vikings and violent storms. She guessed that she would just stay at the castle. She felt safe here. She turned her head back to look at the stars in the sky and Alicia appeared. How did she do that? Alicia was a little fairy but under the moon, she looked larger tonight.

"Hello, Princess. How are you and your Prince?"

Calista was startled at first. She remembered her. The little fairy Princess. She finally answered. "The Prince and I are fine. What are you doing here?"

Alicia flew around and laughed as she tossed rose buds on the Princess. "Does anyone know where Marina is?" Her smile was like an imp's.

"Marina?" Calista caught one of the petals. "She ran away."

Alicia laughed. She handed Calista a globe that looked like a small crystal ball. "Look into the ball. You will see Marina."

Calista took the ball from Alicia. She looked into it and saw how Marina had died. She remembered how she had committed suicide and she was there. She dropped the ball and it shattered into a million pieces as she screamed. She started to cry. A voice said: Calista, what is the matter?" It was Adorian. Alicia flew off and she looked like a lightning flash as she left.

Calista remembered everything. She turned to face Adorian. "Marina committed suicide. I was there."

Adorian's face went white. "What do you mean that she committed suicide?"

"Adorian, I remember. I was there. She was in love with you. She said some awful things about me and she slapped me and I told her that we were friends and I reached for her hand in friendship and she lost her balance and fell. She had told me that you had made passionate love to her. That is so barbic. HOW MANY WOMEN HAVE YOU MADE LOVE WITH? I AM GOING TO BE ILL!"

"Calista, that is what men do with women. Accept it. I make love with love with you, to. I haven't touched any woman except you since our marriage. About Marina's suicide. You must have dreamed it." He sounded disgusted with Calista. He thought: WOMEN! WHAT GOOD WERE THEY?

"No!" Calista was crying. The ball that had been shattered went back into the small crystal ball that it was when Alicia had handed it to her. Calista picked up the ball with trembling hands. She told Adorian to look into the ball as she handed it to him. Adorian took the ball from her hands and looked into the small crystal ball. He saw Marina and him making love. Calista yelled out: "You are a pig!" It hurt her to see his body all over Marina's. She was so jealous but then the ball showed Calista and Marina arguing by the cliff. Marina had called Calista a frigid virgin and bragged about how she and Adorian had made love. There was the part where Marina had slapped Calista and when she had fallen to her death. Adorian dropped the ball and it shattered again. He roughly grabbed Calista's arm. "Where did you get this? From some low life gypsy?" There was venom in his voice.

"No. A fairy gave it to me."

" Are yo deft, woman? There are no such things, Calista. This is so spooky."

"Tell me about it. Alicia, the Princess Fairy showed up after Marina's suicide and made me forget. She gave me this crystal ball and I saw the whole thing what had happened between me and Marina. The ball was broken and went back into the ball. Seeing you and Marina make love. That is so vulgar!"

Adorian reached out to embrace Calista. "I'm sorry. I believe you about the fairy. We can't tell anyone about this. They will think that you are mad. As for this crystal ball, we have to ger rid of it. This has to be our secret." Just then the ball disappeared and the royal couple heard Alicia laugh and say: "Your secret is safe with me." A purple glow appeared and left.

Adorian was shocked. He hugged Calista. "I promise I will never cheat on you. We need to be friends and lovers. I believe you about Alicia. I heard her just now. We can't tell anyone our secret. If we are going to rule England someday, we have to trust each other." Calista nodded and enjoyed Adorian hugging her. She felt bonded to him as he did to her. He had his own secrets. He had traveled to Iceland and pretended to be Scottish and even faked an accent. He had told the Vikings his name was Troy. He had made love with the Princess of Iceland and gotten her pregnant. He had fled with his life. If the Vikings ever caught up with him, he would be a dead man or be forced to do right by the Viking Princess. He was already married to Calista. He had to protect his secret and future at all costs. If the Vikings didn't kill him, Calista's father would. Calista. Sweet Calista. She deserved better. He would do his best to be the husband that she deserved. He wasn't sure what love was but at that moment, he wanted Calista and feared for their future. Adorian was in a mess for sure.

** Image ID #993778 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1048960 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2006 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396333