*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400543-How-I-Got-Into-Journaling
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#400543 added January 19, 2006 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
How I Got Into Journaling
How I Got Into Journaling


This is how I got into journaling. I took a class about writing at the Community College of Southern Nevada and one of the requirements for our grade was we had to submit a journal. It was a pen and pencil journal and not an online journal. Actually at that time I don’t think there were such things as blogs and online journals. Anyway we had to write a journal and each day of the class (the class was held twice a week) we were given a journal assignment. While doing that class I found that things came to mind that I had not thought of in years. I still have the journal, need to find it and go through and see what’s in it. I don’t remember precisely when I took the class, but it was somewhere between 1980 and 1999. I found, that although there were certain thing I didn’t want to write about, I enjoyed keeping a journal. I have kept some type of journal ever since. Sometimes the journal has been typed, saved and printed out, but I have kept a journal ever since on a more or less regular basis.

Sometimes in my pen and pencil I use different colors of ink and at other times I don’t. Lately most of my journaling has been posting to various groups. I carry a pen and paper/pencil journal with me at all times to write down story and poem ideas. Most of the time there is no problem (except attempting to write at stop lights). I am going to do my first travel journal next year. I keep a dream journal or write down my dreams in my regular journal. I don’t get anyone else to interrupt because I think the person having the dream knows more about what it means than anyone else. With dream symbols you can go online and find out the meaning if nothing comes to you.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400543-How-I-Got-Into-Journaling