*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402029-CHAPTER-FIVE-Please-sir-may-I-have-some-more
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1053388
A survivor stumbles upon a group of people living in a fallout shelter.
#402029 added January 30, 2006 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
CHAPTER FIVE: Please, sir may I have some more?
CHAPTER FIVE: Please, sir may I have some more… nuts and rebels?


“Does she go outside often?” I asked checking my weapons and preparing to search for her.

“She thinks we should help those people out there,” Mrs. Travis said. “Oh, God, why would she go again?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll find her.”

“You’re not going anywhere…” Kyle Walters said as he grabbed hold of my arm.

Instinctively, I spun and the palm of my right hand slammed into Kyle’s chest. The man went down hard, gasping for air while sitting on his butt on the floor. “Don’t ever touch me,” I warned him.

Kyle staggered to his feet and rubbed at his chest. He had been humiliated in front of the others—in front of his family. His eyes burned with revenge as he snarled at me. “If you go, nobody’s gonna let you back in. Nobody!”

“I will,” said Mack.

Kyle’s gazed turned toward his son, his anger giving way to shock and dismay.

“So will I,” Ben said. “It’s my daughter out there and he’s my best hope of getting her back.”

“It appears that you have turned everyone against me, Daniels, even my own son.” He stood, brushed himself off, and stormed away.

Ray softened his gaze and looked at Mrs. Travis. “I’ll find her—I promise.” He headed down the tunnel as Ben ran up alongside.

“I’m sorry, Ray, Kyle has been acting really strange of late.”

“He’s dangerous, Ben—don’t trust him.”

“Melissa told me more food has turned up missing. We’re going to have to start rationing our supplies.”

“The food won’t save you from a knife in the back, Ben. Keep an eye on that guy, don’t let him near the weapons.”

Ben raised his eyebrows, “You don’t think he’d try and take over do you?”

“If given the chance, that’s exactly what he would do. You keep things on an even keel here, I’ll find Katie.”
© Copyright 2006 W.D.Wilcox (UN: billywilcox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
W.D.Wilcox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402029-CHAPTER-FIVE-Please-sir-may-I-have-some-more