*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403079-Music-Nostalgia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#403079 added January 29, 2006 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Music Nostalgia
I woke up with the lyrics of a "Mamas and Papas" song going on in my head. It stayed until I found "Creeque Alley" on Rhapsody. That started an era search, including the Grass Roots and the Loving Spoonful. Then, there was Paul Revere and the Raiders. Guess it mattered if you were in the US or the UK also. I have several more songs saved that I'll enjoy listening to. Never end a sentence with a preposition. My muse has flown.

It's interesting the music I identify with. Another damed preposition. As the ages have joined the musicians and myself in the passage of time, I find I identify with those who are about five or six years older than myself, Cat Stevens, and all the other aging rockers. But then Paul McCartney has a dozen years on me. He's ageless, and Mick Jagger just doesn't stop. He's got to be bored with what he plays on tour. He's done it, sung songs, for forty years. That's a lot of repetition.

What got me thinking on this is how uninfluenced I am by what the kids are listening to today. I don't have kids, and I'm not teaching anymore, so I'm not even exposed to today's music except by accident. I don't know hip hop, and I don't think I want to. Preposition.

I don't think of myself being stagnant, because I'm listening to new age music, and older music that came before. F Preposition.

This piece isn't flowing well at all. It's not that I'm in a funk, but my writing side has gotten up and gone. I don't think it has anything to do with being bipolar, but one never knows. Maybe it has to do with too much sunshine in the month of January. It's like too much of a good thing begins to take a toll too. Just rambling at this point. Enjoying the music though.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403079-Music-Nostalgia