*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403118-The-Lovin-Spoonful
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#403118 added January 29, 2006 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Lovin' Spoonful
The soft and easy voice on the theme song for the sitcom "Welcome Back Kotter", is the sound of the Spoonful, John Sebastian. They had many hits in the 1960s and early 1970s.

I was surprised when I visited the site, www.lovinspoonful.com, that his information is not listed in the "bio" section for the group. There is, however, extensive information on the group, the interactions and changes, and even a link to schedule the group for 2006 tour dates.

The Lovin Spoonful was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002, and Sebastian was not of good voice that evening. In my opinion, it was his delivery of the songs that made them great. They did have a large number of popular songs. If you visit their web site, you can download many of their hits, on them.

These are some of their songs that I've downloaded for my collection, and some that might bring back a glimmer of recognition, and a smile, for those who were there. The folk sound that preceeded rock was easy and comforting, and it was a sound that you could always tap your foot to. Guitars didn't scream--they were picked, lovingly.

You Didn't Have to Be So Nice

Do You Believe in Magic?

Summer in the City

Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?

Rain on the Roof

Jug Band Music

Nashville Cats

Darlin' Be Home Soon

Six O 'Clock

You Baby


Lots of hits, good music gone with the folk era, but still available if you want to relive some old music, or if perhaps you want to hear what the grandparents of today listened to when they were young. It's painless music history.

© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403118-The-Lovin-Spoonful