*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404584-Seeing-Red
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#404584 added February 4, 2006 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Seeing Red
I received something in the post this morning which had the opposite affect on my health and temper than the parcel I received from Nada. As a result I wasted the whole morning and ended up wanting to commit murder.

There are a chain of shops in England which to put it bluntly, cater for the larger woman. I have an account at this shop, although I don't generally have a problem finding clothes to fit in ordinary shops. I don't use it very often but just now and again I might buy the occasional jumper or top from them. Anyway, I like going in there because I take the smallest size they manufacture and look quite sylph-like beside most of the other customers. God, I can be a bitch at times. lol

Last month I payed off every penny I owed them and have a clear account. This morning I received a statement informing me no payment had been received from me and I must pay added interest as well as a normal payment. It also informed me to avoid embarassment, I must not try to buy anything using their card as I would be refused. I was annoyed to say the least but wondered if indeed I had forgotten to make a payment.

Looked at my cheque book and sure enough I'd written out a cheque to them in early January. Accessed my bank statement online and sure enough the amount has been taken out of my account. By now I was angry.

As the shop is a distance from where I live and I hadn't time to go there, I decided I'd phone the number printed on the statement and thrash it out with them. Checked the times of business underneath and was informed the lines are open Saturday 10am - 7pm. Dialled the number.

After ten minutes of punching in my account number, my password, my date of birth, my memorable information, my bra size (okay I exaggerate on that one) and ignoring all the options until I thought I may get to speak to a REAL person I'm informed the lines are only open on Saturdays between 10.00am and 1.00pm. So, not only have they got my account figures wrong, they can't even print the information regarding times correctly. By this time I was furious.

I'm the first to admit I make mistakes but when businesses and shops are incompetent and inefficient it really brasses me off. It's okay for them to threaten me without checking their facts, but I don't even get the chance to tell them how wrong they are.

Well, come Monday I'll be at that shop with my bank statement, my account card and a pair of scissors. I shall voice my enquiries and opinions of their customer concern in a voice so loud, every customer in the shop will hear it. And after I've cut up my card into tiny little pieces I'll scatter them all over the shop floor. Hell hath no fury like a Scarlett scorned. God, I can be peevish.

One good thing that may come out of this is I now feel absolutely determined to lose some weight. I wouldn't shop there again if they offered me free goods for a year but I'd love to be too small for any of their clothes anyway. Na na na na na.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404584-Seeing-Red