*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404734-Febuarya-winter-wonderland
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Nature · #1067360
A true connection with the Universe..while here on Earth
#404734 added February 5, 2006 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Febuary...a winter wonderland
The land lies deep in slumber. Hoar frost coats the poplar trees in a crystaline blanket. The pale sun, which slowly rises just above the horizen, seems to struggle with sending its warmth to us.

The light it gives, changes the white hoar frost from something simple, to a vast array of colors sparkling on every branch, like a World of glistening jewels!

The evergreen trees are laden in a heavy white coat. The branches droop with the weight. As the sun's light reaches them, the white coat is, as bright as the sun itself. The outermost layer sparkles invitingly.

A bluejay, in all its splendor, flys across the sky above, landing on a frosty limb. It sends a cascade of brilliant crystals showering down to join the blanket of snow on the ground.

The contrast of the jay, with its vivid blues, against the wintery white, inspires within, the desire to capture the beauty on canvas. To capture this moment of Mother Nature for all to see and feel, would be to honor Mother for all time.

I gasp at the beauty I am given as a gift, to feast my eyes apon. My spirit soars with gratitude, for being given such splendor to behold. I feel so insignificant, and yet so much a part of this scene.

I am meant to be here in this moment, so that I can show others, through word. This paints a writen picture, within the mind...a mental canvas for you to enjoy.

© Copyright 2006 Nighteyes (UN: ldydawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nighteyes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404734-Febuarya-winter-wonderland