*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405368-a-playful-coyote-whom-I-will-name-Charlie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Nature · #1067360
A true connection with the Universe..while here on Earth
#405368 added February 9, 2006 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
a playful coyote whom I will name Charlie
Playful as a kitten, Charlie Coyote appears, as he frolics and jumps through the tall brown wild grasses.

His nose has sniffed the scent of a delectable little scurrying morsel. The focus of his frolic is a fat mouse, that has been feeding on the grains and seeds that have been put out for the birds and squirrels.

In his playful glee, the mouse darts here and there, creating a game of chase, which Charlie loves. He allows the creature to dart, and pounces just short of his intended target. Over and over the mouse scurrys away thinking its safe. Finally Charlie bores of this game as a hunger pang jolts through his belly.

He pounces yet again. This time he doesn't miss. Mouth open as he lifts into the air. Coming down in a swoop and grabbing up the tiny morsel he swallows. This will keep him for a few minutes while he seeks other prey.

His head comes up as he hears a sound. Greyish, yellow eyes focus towards the sound. Tis that human coming back! Best I be a little more cautious now.

Charlie turns and trots to the edge of the clearing, where there is more cover. He sits down and watches.

The Coyote licks his chops knowing that this human isn't a threat. He also knows, that she always leaves food when she leaves, that he is becoming used to.

Sniffing the crisp Febuary air, he decides since the human will be around for a few hour, he might as well carry on with his daily tasks. Charlie turns into the trees to camoflage his journey around the fields. Down the tree laden draw,he trots happily, loving the thrill of the day. There are always so many areas to explore. Feeling a tad thirsty, he heads down the draw to the creek.

Ahhh, cold, clear, water! He laps the icy water with relish, having become thirsty with his frolicing after that tiny mouse. Having satisfied this need, he once again sniffs the crisp air. His nose twitches with anticipation, as he smells another meal.

Up the bank he leaps, turning to the left he advances to the road. Charlie looks around cautiously, then darts across to the field on the other side.

This field is infested with mice, and other rodents as it is rare that it is touched by humans. Meals scurry about everywhere. Charlie happily goes to task finding enough to fill his belly.

All at once he hears a loud barking close by. He looks up in the direction of the sound. Across the road is a dog barking aggressively at him. He focus's in on the dog and advances towards it. The dog barks more aggressively and makes bodily movements to add to its showing of aggression towards Charlie.

Then Charlie notices another movement. Its that human female. She comes out of her dwelling, looks in my direction, says something to the dog, and they get into one of those noisy machines.

It comes down the driveway and onto the road close by, then stops. The human yells out of the machine at me.

I'm not sure at all about these humans. They can be dangerous. My guard goes up. I'm unsure now. I watch cautiously. Then sniff the air, getting a very strong scent of her. Thats enough for me!

Turning i trot into some high grass,turn to view the human again. Still its there, close. I'm out of here! Cautiously to avoid being seen to much, i trot back towards the trees and out of her sight.

Its time for me to find deeper areas away from humans to hunt in. Charlie trots off down the draw and away from this area....leaving his best hunting field for when the human is gone.

© Copyright 2006 Nighteyes (UN: ldydawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nighteyes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405368-a-playful-coyote-whom-I-will-name-Charlie