*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407600-A-Whole-Day-Wasted
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#407600 added February 18, 2006 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
A Whole Day Wasted?
I’m not sure whether there was an entire day wasted or simply half a day waste waiting in line. Yesterday, February 17, I did get a little bit of writing completed or started before we went out. The first place we went was to power company on West Sahara, then went to a place on South Valley view to pay a bill, and then to Bank America on East Sahara. My mother went in and got some money from her account. In the bank she laid her billfold with all her ids in it and put the money in another billfold she keeps simply to hold her money. When she left she thought she put the bill fold with her ids in her purse, but when she checked it wasn’t there. She went back into the bank, but it wasn’t there either. Anyway to make a long story even longer, her billfold was stolen.

The bank blocked her account and we came home, called the credit card company and they blocked that account and will send her another credit card with a new account number. Then we called the police and made a report over the phone. Then we went to the gas station, my gas light was coming on so I figured I’d better get gas and then to the DMV so she could get a new id card, didn’t take the papers they needed so we came back home. Got the papers she needed, but by then I realized that the Social Security Office would close at 4:00 p.m. and since Monday, is a Presidents day, the office would not open again until Tuesday. so we went to the Social Security office and she was there until 5:00 or 5:30 p.m. (fortunately once a person is in the office and has a number that person won’t have to come back, people waiting with numbers are processed on the day they come in). While we were there, I put gas in the car and marked some places in a writers’ magazine I to submit work or check out.

After Mom got out of the Social Security Office it was around 5:00 p.m. so we stopped at Blue Berry Hill and got something to eat. After eating we came home, changed and went to the open mic reading at the West Clark County Arts Center. Anyway I didn’t get back online yesterday. I did get one poem wrote about a black bird I saw picking around the stones at the Social Security Office while I was waiting for my mother to finish her business there. We still have to go to the DMV and get her an id card today. I guess the entire day wasn’t wasted, but it seemed as if I didn’t get a lot completed. In addition my knee hurt all evening, but that is another story. Today I’m going the check the oil again, while I’m at the DMV and then after Mom’s got her id card, I’ll (hopefully) get back on line. I suppose I did learn something and that was to get the biggest share of what I plan to post completed and posted or saved before doing the minor stuff
(12 Mulk 162 B.E.)



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407600-A-Whole-Day-Wasted