*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409014-I-Still-Say-Im-Catching-Up-With-Kenzie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#409014 added February 25, 2006 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
I Still Say I'm Catching Up With Kenzie...
         Well, turns out the slight blood color inside the otherwise clear waterproof dressing on the back of my neck is about what the doctor expected. He said with as deep as he had to dig to get it all out that this was normal. Just keep the ice on it periodically and see him next week. Cool. He said it was a lot bigger than he thought it would be till he got in there and got a look at it. He said by the time he was done, the hole in neck was deep enough that he could have inserted his whole thumb into it. Look at your adult thumb. That's a good inch and a half or so. That IS a deep hole. Sheesh.
         OK, that's behind me for a week, and my Fibromyalgia made no bones about reminding me this morning that it's still here. My legs don't (or at least haven't till now) hurt in the mornings. But today they are. Go figure. And this time I just have to put up with it. I can't take my usual Neproxen (prescription strength Aleve) till after the neck is healed on the surgeon's instructions, and I can't take the pain reliever HE gave me because it'll make me sleepy as hell and I have too much I need or want to do today. What a fix. So, my legs are just gonna hurt till they decide to stop it on their own or till it gets late enough that I can afford to take the one the surgeon gave me and hit the sack. So, I remind myself that there are many in this world who are in more difficult situations medically than I am, and I get on with my day. Yes, Kenzie is one of those in that her symptoms are more varied than mine, and more constant.
         But I'm also aware that I am still catching up with her in terms of the variety and frequency of pains that we feel and the fatigue that comes with them. As I walked back here from the kitchen a bit ago with my bowl of cereal, I found I have another new pain, at least for the moment. With each step I take with my left foot, in addition to the leg already hurting, I feel an added pain up the outside of the lower part of that leg, but only for the duration of taking that step. Once my weight is off that leg, the new pain stops. Like I over-exercised a muscle over there even though I've barely been up for an hour or so.
         But, such is living with Fibro.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409014-I-Still-Say-Im-Catching-Up-With-Kenzie