*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410330-Prologue
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#410330 added March 3, 2006 at 4:44am
Restrictions: None
Prologue



“In time seven shall come about,
But, take heed, one is born of sin,
Danger lies ahead, for those cloaked in doubt,

First shall come thy heir,
Of power and perception,
And honour shall he bare.

Second be he of council,
Of wisdom and wit,
And honesty shall he will,

Third shall be thy shield,
Of might and potency,
And valour shall he wield,

Fourth be that of health,
Of energy and speed,
Shall your wounds be swiftly dealt,

Fifth shall be thy warrior,
Of strength and force,
Shall he always fight for law,

Sixth be thy brother,
Of hope and relief,
Shall he always be the other,

Seventh be thy rival,
Of evil and pain,
Show thou only death in full,

In the end five will come away,
To fight again for yet another day."









Part One - The Council


Prologue

The man was here again, I thought. Walking with a dark black robe as he always. He always came. Just like yesterday and the day before that and the day before that. I still wondered who he was, for he never told me.
“Boy, come here.” Commanded the man. I moved without hesitation.
“This is the last day that I will be visiting,” said the visiting man, in a much softer, father-like voice. “We will not meet for a very long time. But I want you to promise me something.” He paused. “I want you to promise me that, when the time comes, you will not hate me for what I have done. Do you promise?”
Even though I had no clue as to what I was promising to I did instantly.
“Well done.” Said the man grinning, while patting me on my back.
He was about to leave when he turned round so swiftly that it took me moment until I noticed the strangeness in his eyes, as if they were made of fire. My eyes burned.
“You must remember your training.” He said, strenuously, grabbing my shoulder with both arms “You must understand the importance that you hold to the rest of your kind, the future of your kind. Always be wary and, always trust your heart.”
He stepped out of the door; I followed him and stood on the porch. I watched him walking down the path, walking like no man ever could.
Abruptly out of no where, light spilled into my vision.
The gigantic wall of brilliant white light was shocking. I couldn’t see, I couldn’t feel. I ran, ran straight at where I last saw where the man was. I stopped running, as my vision had started returning; it had only been a few seconds. It took me a lifetime to realise that I was standing on the exact spot where the man was only moments ago. I looked down and saw a pile of black ash on the ground. For some reason I started to cry…

The crying reverberated around the boy’s ears and it was that more than anything that woke him out of his deep sleep. Sweat was dripping of his forehead. He pulled his quilt closer to his body to stop his bones freezing in the cold night air. Finally his heart slowed down, realising that it was just the nightmare again. That damn dream! He thought to himself, you’d think by the age of 16 that you wouldn’t have Nightmares. Well, Lorian pondered, turning over to sleep; some dreams just won’t go away.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410330-Prologue