*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410331-Chapter-1
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410331 added March 3, 2006 at 4:44am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I wake up early again, this always seems to happen when I have the nightmare, you’d think being woken up in the middle of the night would make me want to sleep later; obviously this doesn’t apply to me. I was born and raised in the city of Trillion Falls, and I live with my mother. My father left when I was just a baby and my mother never talked about him. I started school at the age of 4 just like any ordinary boy. The dream is really the only thing you could call strange about me. I’ve been having the same dream for as long as I can remember always the same one. Mum tried to help, she called psychiatrists, doctors, healers, anyone she could think of, but it would never go away. We’ve just given up now and just had to face the fact that I would probably have the same dream for the rest of my life.
As I settle back into bed I hear a loud voice from somewhere.
“Happy Birthday Lorian.” Shouts mum, walking through the door holding a cake.
“Eat quick as you’ve got to go to school, first day in sixth form and your birthday!”
Mothers! Although, I do like the cake.
“Thanks mum, I’ll be down in a minute.”

Half an hour later I’m sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal when there’s a crash at the front door. It’s Matt, my next-door-neighbour and also my best mate.
“Eat up mate, it’s our birthday.”
“Yeah but I’m still one minute older.” I replied, smiling.
“So, I’m the one that gets all the girls.” matt prided himself on being a bit of a ladies man, I never had the heart to tell that most unfortunately, he wasn’t. “Hey, guess what? We got some new people in our year. You know that old school a few miles away, well it burnt down over the holidays so their all coming to our school.” He smiled mischievously. I could tell that all was thinking of was if any of the girls fitted the spec of the girls plastered to his bedroom wall.
“Come on boy, stop drooling, or we’ll be late for the bus.” I said laughing.

“Hey Lorian, wait up.” Shouted a tall, slim, fairly attractive girl. Followed by a similarly tall and slim boy.
It was Lisa and Alex. We normally hung around with each other. It was strange really, when we went to primary school we were all asked our date of birth. What was really bizarre was that we’d all been born on the same day. Even weirder was that we’d all been born within ten minutes of each other, crazy huh! I was oldest followed by Matt. Then Alex and Lisa. They were both twins so there’s a difference of about two seconds.
“Happy birthday.” Bellowed Alex, after catching up with us.
“Same to you too.” I replied, slapping him on the back.
“So, what we gonna do for our birthday?” asked Lisa.
We always went somewhere on our birthday, it started out when we were all just five and our parents realised we all had the same birthdays, so they started taking it in turns taking us all out somewhere.
“You know there's a new club just opened up in town, it’s called, Echo Seventeen. I reckon we should go there.” I said.
So after deciding to meet up at the end of school, and also Alex and Lisa giving a deep description on what clothes they were going to wear. We headed of to our separate classes, first for me and Matt was history, with Mr Miller.
“Ah, Mr Velar, you have graced us in joining our class this year I see.” Said a forty-something, balding history teacher. It was common knowledge that he despised me. The feeling was mutual.
“Yes, sir,” I blurted out. “I couldn’t think of missing your stunning teaching abilities.” The class laugh. Mr Miller or Carrot head as Matt and I like to call him, stared into my eyes with obvious loathing.
I never understood why he hated me, even from day one, he was just so, well, evil.
I guess your thinking why the hell did I take the subject if I’d have such a…well, such a horrid teacher. It’s well I’m just so good at history, well not all history; I mean I don’t know much about how my great great great grandparents used to live. I seem to be good at military history and most unfortunately, the only military historian in school is Carrot head.
“We will be studying the Military expedition’s of Alexander the Great this term.” He continued. “Does anyone know anything about Alexander the Great?” he looked around the class, as my hand shot up in the air. He stared at me only a moment longer than anyone else.
He pursed his lips. “So” he whispered, so quietly I had to stretch to hear him.
“So no one in this class knows anything about Alexander the Great. What an amazing discovery.” He said slowly. “Not only does the school cut my wages but I’m given a complete class of imbecile’s.”
Having had my arm in the air for over a minute I nearly shouted in anger. But, just at that moment there came a deep thumping sound coming from somewhere in class. I looked around the class and noticed Matt. It was as if he was trying to force something out of his head but couldn’t. But what freaked me out most of all was the expression, the expression of pure hatred in his face. The noise increased until it was at the same level as that of a jet plane taking off. Then suddenly out of nowhere all the windows smashed, the girls started to scream and Carrot head dived to the floor covering his head in his hands. The whole classroom was in turmoil. But, what made the back of my skin crawl most. Was that the wind that had shattered the glass had come from inside the room!
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410331-Chapter-1