*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410341
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410341 added March 3, 2006 at 4:50am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 11
Chapter 11

"VENTUS VERBERO!" Roared Bel. The spell of windstun, launched against me. When the spectre gave me back the memories of magic. I remembered how to do something's that not even Bel or for that matter any of The Council could do. One of those things was silent commands or non-verbal commands in which all I had to do would be think the spell, understand the spell and force the power out of me, without using my voice.
A moment later I thought the shield spell Scutumse! and hey presto! the wind spell that Bel had launched had no effect on me. for the next five minutes we tested each other's strengths and weakness’. Sometimes feinting, sometimes attacking sometimes pretending to feint then really use the fire attack spell but then change at the last minute to the freezing attack spell. We continued to do this for some time, in the end hundred's of spells were being sent everywhere at once.
"FIAT LUX!"
"FERMETEVI!"
"UNICTO!"
"OBSCURUS!"
"VENTUS VERBERO!"
"INFLAMO IGNIS!"
"NIS AQUA!"
"STRINGERE!" I shouted the binding spell, hoping that he will not know the unbinding spell.
"RETRACTUS!" He shouted back. "Come now Lorian, I thought you were the chosen one use some proper spells and stop using these childish charms." Said Bel, mockingly.
This remark destroyed all barriers of fairness in my mind; no longer did I care how I won. All that matters is that I win, NO! wait. The only thing that matter's is that I beat him. To prove that I am really the chosen one. It was then that a spell popped into my head. A spell of such beauty but at the same time of such danger I dared not use it, The spell started to unwind in my head. I realized that he could not escape such a spell.
"MORTIS TERMINUS OBSCURUS SCUTUMSE VENTUS VERBERO STATIM EVANESCO STRINGERE UNICTO FERMATEVI ALCARMEN!" I roared at the speed of light. The spell that I had just said astonished not only me, the witnesses and the crowd, but no one as much as Bel. What I had just released at him was a combination of roughly Three hundred and Twenty eight different spells. It is just not possible to protect yourself from so many different spells.
The crowd hushed as Bel fell over. I quickly thought the words REVIVERE! He sat up. Although considerably confused, I could tell that he would be all right. It is not my intention to kill anyone in The Council, well, maybe Carrothead.
"The challenger, Lorian Velar, is the winner." Said Mr. Miller, quietly. "Now, it would be very kind of you if you could send us back to the council chambers." He asked me, through gritted teeth.
"Gladly." I replied. And with that the surrounding's around us gradually faded away, and we returned to The Council Chamber's.

"DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME BEING THE CHOSEN ONE?" I roared at crowd, back in the council chambers.
"Lorian, please calm down." Said The Steward, trying to sound peremptory, but failing miserably.
"WHY? WHY SHOULD I CALM DOWN? WHEN THESE LOT DON'T HAVE A CLUE!" I Bawled.
"Lorian, I believe you." Said the most unlikely person to say such a thing, Mr. Miller. "After seeing that feat of extraordinary magic, I don't think anyone could not believe you."
"What?" I said, fumbling.
"I have never seen such an unprecedented showing of magical skill in my lifetime, and I have been around for seven hundred and fifty-four years." He finished, breathlessly.
The room echoed with the cheer cheers of the crowd and Council. I couldn't believe it, of all the people in the room I thought Mller, sorry I mean Erebus would be the hardest person to persuade, not that I wanted to.
After the cheering had subsided I asked the room at large
"How is Bel?"
"He is slightly rattled but no harm done." Replied Laius. Again a cheer erupted around the room. It took The Steward a moment to gather order again.
"Now I think there should be a vote just to make things err official." Said The Steward, continued The Steward. "So those in acknowledgement that Lorian is the chosen one, light their chair now." And with that ten of the eleven chairs lit up at once. "Those who differ please light your chairs." Although this was pointless exercise, still one of the chairs lit up. A moment later the occupant vanished from sight.
"Welcome to The Council, Lorian Velar, House of Olympus." Declared The Steward.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410341