*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410345
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#410345 added March 3, 2006 at 4:52am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 15
Chapter 15

The Council had clustered around Lord Odin's desk. All the other member's were there talking very loudly and at the same time. When they saw me appear, silence came intro the room as fast as a bird. Hmm, not a bad entrance, I thought. If you hadn't realized now it didn't matter what I think as I've set up a protection so as not for anyone to read it. The assembly parted and I saw there sitting in his chair with his head bowed down. He looked up and smiled sadly at me.
"What has happened, Lord Odin?" I asked, concerned.
He looked at me for a moment. "It seems that The Society is going for all-out war." He paused. "They have attacked Trillion Falls."
"WHAT!" I shout gob smacked.
"We also have information to believe that as soon as they have finished with Trillion Falls they will attack every major city in the world."
"How?" I ask, realizing they must be having help.
"They are using several types of creature, but mainly they are using what we call the Vedas.
"What are they?" I ask.
"What can we say? They are the departed dead. They feed on the spirit of human beings. Have you ever known a person who is depressed or sad? They are getting ever closer to the land of the verda and the verda know it. They can hear them, they can smell them, they can even start to take tiny little bits of spirit away. Have you ever known someone commit suicide, they have accepted the verda and allowed them to devour them until they are in so much control that they have all the power of that person, but every now and again the person resurfaces and understands what's happening, and they try to escape but are held back. So they have no choice but to die. Can you imagine what would happen if a dead murderer had control of a five year old girl." The room collectively shuddered with the thought of it.
"And now they've found a way of stopping the people escaping." I say.
"Yes and no. The Verda have a leader by the name of Yama, and he in turn has a master and I'm sure you can guess who that is."
"Pandora." I answer without missing a beat.
"Exactly. So Pandora orders Yama that as soon he finds out how to control the people that he is to attack Trillion Falls with the help of The Society of course." He takes a breath.
"Doesn't this mean that Pandora is breaking the rules? She is helping to much isn't she?"
"Yes she is breaking the rules. But, as I told you before, there is more red tape in Elysium than there will ever be on earth."
"So why don't we break the rules?" I ask.
"I'm not prepared to do that." He said, finally. This wasn't an answer it was a statement and I knew that I would not change his mind.
"So what are we going to do?"
He paused. "We will defend." He looked into my eyes. "But first you must train the rest of your students."
"Where are they?"
"Through that door." He said this pointing to a door to his right. "And so are Artemis, Arcanum and Laius."
"How long do I have?"
He paused again. "You have three hours Lorian In-"
"THREE HOURS!" I roar. "THREE HOURS! I COULDN'T TEACH A BUMMBLEBEE HOW TO STING IN THREE HOURS!"
"Lorian you misunderstand me. I was going to say that you have 3 hours in which to teach them, but in Elysium, And Elysium has a very different way of telling the time."
"How? I mean how does it tell the time."
Lord Odin paused. "In Elysium, on the tallest tower, there is a clock. A clock that can go as fast as it wants or as slow as it wants. No one can control. It control's itself."
"What are you saying?" I say, unsure of what that might mean.
"I am saying that you may have ten earth minutes or ten earth years. It really is up to the clock." He said, smiling. "Now if you will just step into that room over there it is the transportation room as you can't transport yourself to Elysium, unless you die. You will also find your team in there. Good luck I will follow in a moment’s time, I just have to speak to The Council." Finished Lord Odin, turning around.
Without a moment's thought I turned round and walked straight through the door.

I stood in a circular room with high arched windows along the sides.
"LORIAN!" A chorus of voices shouted. I turned to my left.
There standing in front of me was the old crowd, Alex, Lisa and Matt. Followed by Arcanum, Laius and Artemis.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, shocked.
"We've been here for absolutely ages, we wondered why you weren't here." Said Matt.
"Won't it be great Lorian they've told us everything about The Council and The Society and stuff. And best of all they want us to join." Spoke Lisa, excitedly. "Apparently they've got this really powerful teacher that's going to be training us."
"And they said he's some kind of Lord or something. One of the most powerful people in The Council. I wonder if it's anyone we know?" Matt asked himself, absentmindedly.
They haven't told them, I thought to myself. I best play along.
"Yeah, wonder who it is?" I repeated.
Just then the door opened and out stood Lord Odin. He stood there for a moment, and then looked at me.
'You haven't told them yet? Why?' I thought to him.
'Because I am not the person who is going to tell them. He sent back. 'And I think if it's best if you tell them once they've settled into Elysium.
'Okay.'
"Lorian, Could you stand here please, I will need your help."
I stand next to Lord Odin.
"Please could you repeat with me these following words?
He hands me a piece of paper with the words 'Multi sunt vocati, pauci sunt electi'.
"What does it mean?" I asked.
"Many are called, few are chosen. Now are you ready? Hold my arm please, Lorian." I grabbed his arm. "On the count of three, one, two, THREE!"
"Multi sunt vocati, pauci sunt electi!" We shouted.
The room spun round and round, I couldn't make out anyone there. The room started to get brighter and fade away, until there was nothing there but a brilliant, bright light.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410345