*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410714
by Emry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1070082
This is about a young female student and her English Teacher who fall in love.
#410714 added June 24, 2009 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 19
The following week Sam tried for custom's sakes to see as little of Randy as possible, she stayed back at her dad's house up until the graduation day. On the last day, Sam became so nervous during her last final, she had to run to the bathroom three times.

Both ceremony practices went fine. Linda made sure of that as well as everything else. On the day of graduation everybody seemed to more antsy then usual and as nervous as could be. Sam got ready with Anne at her dad's house. Bout slipped into shorts and T-shirts, and then got into the blue caps and gowns. James walked into the room after knocking on the door.

"Sam, listen. I'll be over at Randy's house with Linda doing the finishing touches. As soon as it's over, come back as soon as possible, so you'll have plenty of time to change." James instructed.

"Is anybody coming to the graduation?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, your brothers and sister should be there in the stands watching and taking pictures." James answered and Sam smiled at him.

"They came then?" Sam asked.

"Yes, I put them in a hotel last night. They would have come down but they were exhausted once they reached their rooms," James explained.

"Well, that's good I guess I'll see them there then!" Sam stated then grabbed her purse.

"Have you two given any thought to a honeymoon?" James asked.

"Yeah, we are going to Tahoe for a week!" Sam answered softly. "We are leaving Tomorrow night."

"Now come on, it starts at eleven and the wedding is at three, so hurry up. It's already 10:30!" James said leading the way out of the room and down the hall.

"It doesn't take 30 minutes to get to school," Sam insisted.

"Come on, I want to go now," Anne said coming into the hall, her gown open to show her shorts and shirt. James looked over his shoulder at her and shook his head at the outfit. Sam and Anne then made a mad dash to Sam's Jeep.

They made it just in time to slip into place as the rows of grads walked out onto the football field for the ceremony. As they called out the students. Jason handed them each their diplomas. When Anne came up he handed her's to her with a soft smile.

"I love you!" He whispered just loud enough for her to hear, Anne kept walking. When Sam came up he handed her diploma to her as well. She then pulled a cream envelope form her sleeve and handed it to him. "Congratulations!" He said taking it.

"It's at three, wear something nice!" Sam whispered. Jason looked at her in surprise and she smiled before heading back to her seat. But not before winking at Randy, who sat along with all the other teachers in a row behind Jason. Who continued again, still quite stunned by what Sam had said. When they finished it was 1 o'clock. The students rose and broke away into different directions after throwing their caps. Jason went out among the students to find Sam. Finally he caught up wit her and Anne in the parking lot, just as they unzipped their gowns. He wasn't surprised to see their outfits; he put his hand on Sam's shoulder to stop her. She looked at his hand before his face.

"What?" She asked, taking off her cap.

"Why?"

"Ask Anne, she' the one who insisted we invite you," Sam said pointing to Anne, Jason looked to Anne in question.

"I wanted to make sure that we all leave each other on good terms, they agreed." Anne answered, taking off her cap and throwing it into the Jeep.

"Is that all?"

"I felt bad about not calling or anything, I'm also stupid enough to care," Anne answered, she then turned to Sam. "Let's go, I promised I would have you there as soon as possible." She got into the Jeep and waited patiently for Sam.

"Hey Jason," Jason looked to Sam wearily. "It's almost over, and then you only have to deal with Randy from now on!" She said smiling before getting in the car.

"You will be hard to forget Samantha Town!" Jason observed.

"In a few hours that will be Samantha Quake to you," Sam said starting the Jeep. "See you at three, Randy's house!"

Jason watched them drive away in silence, sitting there brooding about what he had gotten himself into. He should have turned them in when he had the chance, then thought better of it. He then felt a strong hand on his shoulder. He turned to face Randy, Alex, Jack and Steve, and smiled sheepishly.

"You wouldn't be bothering my sister, would you?" Steve asked menacingly.

"I was just talking about the wedding with her that's all." Jason protested.

"How does he know about the wedding?" Alex asked turning to Randy.

"I told him last week, he won't say anything if he values his job or life," Randy answered.

"I say we beat him for Sammy's sake!" Jack finally spoke up, and then Jason stepped back.

"We can't, he's got to look nice for the wedding!" Randy said quickly.

"What?" They all chimed in.

"I don't know why I agreed, but Anne talked me and Sam into letting him be invited to the wedding," Randy answered.

"Why would Anne do a thing like that for?" Alex demanded.

"She's got this thing for him. Why or how I am not entirely sure," Randy said off-handedly. "Anyway, let's go, we all have to get ready for the wedding." Randy spoke up. They all nodded and started waling to Randy's car. Randy stopped and turned to Jason solemnly.

"I should have let them hurt you. But only because Anne would be upset by it and that would end up upsetting Sam. I can't have that on our wedding day." Randy warned him. "Which means you better show up, or I will have to let them stated what they wanted too." He walked away without looking back at Jason.

Jason stared after them and frowned at what had happened. If he went to the wedding he felt that it would be close to committing social suicide if not the real thing itself. But he felt that he also didn't have a choice either. He turned and headed for his car, hoping he had something to wear to a wedding on short notice.
© Copyright 2009 Emry (UN: red_puppy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Emry has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410714