*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064817-The-Meaning-of-Writing
by Emry
Rated: E · Fiction · Personal · #1064817
How does writing make me feel? And you?
Writing is a wondrous thing, a way of communicating ideas and feelings, conveying emotions by way of words. I have been writing for my own pleasure since I was 15 years old. My High School English Teacher said I could possibly go somewhere with it, telling me that it doesn't matter what kind of grades I got in English I could do it if I put my mind to it. Also he told me that when he was in High School that he only got C's in English. Now he's an English Teacher.

I love to write because I can do so much better then communicating vocally. I think it is also because I can plan things to say word for word without someone intervening. A letter or a story can be the start of sommething wonderful or tragic. When writing I can let it take me anywhere, to other places and times. Writing can take me to the ends of the earth, up into the stars, or make me or anyone who reads it fall in love all over again. Emotions can take hold or set me free from a world of troubles. I want to capture a reader and take them to another place, to make them feel love again, to tear up at a tragedy or to laugh at some kind of comedy, to know that I might reach out and touch some signle person with my words.

Because of my teacher to this day I still believe that I can still reach out and touch the stars and hold them close to me. And now I write on becuase I feel that it is in me to do so. I wrote for the joy of it, to see the impact I make on others by my writing make me feel so absolutely wonderful. I write because I know that if I touch at least one person with one of my stories then I have accomplished something. I am just waiting for the day I can be published so that I may touch that one person and more.

I have read many books and short stories that have touched me so deeply that I hope I can write so grandly as that. To bring hope, dreams, tears, love and to hold a reader so captive that they couldn't possibly stop reading until the story is over. This is my dream in life. To write for the pleasure of it, for my pleasure and the pleasure of others. The meaning of writing in my life is something almost beyond words it is such a powerful thing.

It's not even so much a joy for me to write, it's a love, a kind of passion. Something that takes hold of me to write. Even when I write in my journal something compels me to write even if no one will probably ever read it. Or to find that there is a story in my head that must come out onto paper. Sometimes with no real ending in sight only a beginning, a moment where I see all the possibilities that lay before me and the story. Where it could not only take me but where it could take others. I let it take hold of me and lead me down a path that I have yet to see the end of because it is an adventure in itself to write.

Writing should never be something that some one has to do. Everyone should be able to love writing as much asI do. It brings a sense of calm to me when I write; I feel that I am pouring a part of me onto the paper with each word. And it is not a bad part of me that I give to my writing. A part of my love for writing goes into it like when a person spends time with a child. That person loses a part of themselves to that child. That is what writing is to me. It is a part of my heart and soul; it's like eating and breathing. Even if I could never get published I could never give it up; it is a part of me. Writing means the world to me.
© Copyright 2006 Emry (red_puppy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064817-The-Meaning-of-Writing