*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411455-Season-of-shy-daffodils
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#411455 added March 8, 2006 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
Season of shy daffodils
Winter: 6 'Ala (March 7)


2006-03-07
morning, 47 degrees. 39 in Paris, France.

Sitting by two French students. Rainy there as it will be here later.

This is the season of the shy daffodil. We haven't had much rain and some of the daffs are stunted. They'll catch up later. Today is also cloudy and they open up slowly on days like today. Saw a few daffs peeking out, close to the ground, opening one sepal at a time.

Also saw henbit and shepard's purse. The forsythia is gearing up to be ablaze this coming weekend. With the rain tomorrow and mild temperatures, much should burst out within a week.

GETTING TO KNOW ME

... like it or not!
here I come ...


81. White, ivory or ecru? Ivory.

82. Black, grey or charcoal? Charcoal.

83. Forced air or radiant heat? Radiant. Grew up with heating tubes in the concrete floor. My houses both had radiators.

84. How do I like my seasons?

         Winter: sunny or snowy (both preferred), calm. 20 degrees will do.

         Spring: 50, misty and fragrant. Breezy is fine.

         Summer: 70 or 80 with a light breeze. Green.

         Autumn: 50 and crisp. Dry is okay. Sunny.

85. Liquour? I don't drink, but I remember sipping Benedictine as a youth.

86. Wine? Don't imbibe, but in my youth sweet red wine was cheap. I think it was my friend Kathy who liked Pink Cat (Catawba). Me? Stronger, redder. Maneshewitz Crème Concord did fine.

87. Beer? Never liked the taste. I have a friend that drinks Coors Light. I just call it piss-water.

88. Cheese? All types, but I'll eat all the Jarlsberg you have in the house and then start on the Gjetost (Norwegian sweet carmel-colored goat cheese).

89. In the world of Harry Potter: prefer the first book; but, book #6, the latest, is pretty good too.

90. In the world of Lord of the Rings: I really liked The Hobbit.

91. Man, dwarf, elf, hobbit, dragon, eagle, orc, goblin, ent, wizard? I'm a little bit of all of them, I suspect. But probably more elven.


There is a beautiful prayer for the Fast where this exhortation repeats after every part. I find it meditative.

Thou seest me, O my God, holding to Thy Name, the Most Holy, the Most Luminous, the Most Mighty, the Most Great, the Most Exalted, the Most Glorious, and clinging to the hem of the robe to which have clung all in this world and in the world to come.


~ Bahá'u'lláh


The entire prayer can be found at: http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/c/BP/bp-179.html

It is 11:33 and someone just became view number 1,500. I wonder who! *Smile*

I'll be glad when the first day of Spring arrives and I'll only be doing one blog entry per day instead of striving for two. My new goal will be shorter, more interesting entries, LOL *Bigsmile*.

Sketched March 5th:

Canon in D

The meditation moves through chords
as light caresses Chihouly glass.
Slow shadows lengthen, linger till
we grasp what quiets in the center.

Each note repeats, a lamb's soft bleat,
a willow wavering in heat, a scene
pastoral. And we rest, fast asleep,
calm in the center.

The melodies replete, swirl, entwine the
thoughts, soften noose, untighten knots
and stress releases, comes to naught.
The center restored, becalmed.

The canon now moves forward, past the end
of notes, finds a home to soothe the thoughts,
to rest where calm's been caught, close
to the center of the heart.
[162.786]

As always, these sketches need to be worked on! By posting them however, it encourages me to come back and review them, knowing that they have been shared, warts and all.

Nada was probably viewer 1,500. Up to 1,501 already. On my way to being famous *Bigsmile*.

Need to remind myself that Wes Studi and Gary Farmer will be in town this weekend for a Native American Film conference. I may have met Wes. I especially liked Gary Farmer in Smoke Signals. But I'd like to ask him about a little known Canadian film called 'Lilies'. It was all male actors putting on a play at a prison, playing all the roles, male and female. A bit confusing, but I loved the concept and found parts of it mesmerizing. I'd ask him about stereotyping and the ability of actors (certainly method actors) to take on ANY role and make it believable.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411455-Season-of-shy-daffodils