*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412575-Daylight-come-and-I-want-to-go-home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#412575 added March 12, 2006 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Daylight come and I want to go home.
I've practically spent the whole weekend at my parents. My mother had oral surgey on Friday and my dad had to work so I was left the task of looking after her.

Hell froze over yesterday.

It rained the entire day out here(breaking the 130 day drought) and also turned it into an arctic wonderland. I went to Barne's and Noble at like 1:30 and it was 39 degrees in Arizona. To put things in perspective, last week it was near the 90's.

Finally got a new cell phone. God living on your own blows for life's small necessities. The irony was, I couldn't get a new phone because I was too busy paying my plan. The devil works in mysterious ways.

As for my writing I'm conflicted. I want to write this story about where I worked but it's really such a tender subject in my heart that I can't do it justice without devolving into a blubbery mush of hatred and rejection. Thus, I think I'm going to work on one of my previous stories.

The one that seems to be coming to mind is Joren(a.k.a. Lost). The idea came to me as I was wandering around the bookstore yesterday. I stopped writing lost after a while because I was putting too much of my personal pain at the time and it just wasn't coming together the way I wanted it to. To be very honest I think the story needs that pain in it, and now that that relationship is over I'm feeling kind of good about taking another stab at it.

I've been on a diet as of late. Trying to get back down to my boxing weight. Time to give the ladies something to whistle about.

~Almost barfs in his mouth~

Anyways, I'm outtie for a bit. West side.

© Copyright 2006 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412575-Daylight-come-and-I-want-to-go-home