*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412947-im-not-good-at-school
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
#412947 added March 14, 2006 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
i'm not good at school
paper due the friday before spring break, right? I have it completely the wednesday before break, and I edit it for two days. I turn in a damn near perfect paper.

Friday, 2 hours before class, i get a phone call from an acquaintance in that class. She needs the outline for what should be in the paper. She hasn't been to class in 2 weeks. She missed everything she needed to know about this paper. She needs tons of help. She's so stressed that I give her my thesis, and I let her use it.

I get to class on monday. The paper is worth 50 points, and the prof says he handed out a fair amount of 50s, which is unusual. He began to talk about it in detail, etc. Don't get me wrong, I was not expecting the 100%, I was thinking I'd get anywhere from a 40 to a 46 or so. (a 85% to a 95%)

I got back my paper.

I got a fucking 60%. Had I done it in 2 hours, like my neighbor (who used my thesis!), I would've been fine with it. I would've known that I deserved it.

She? She got 90%, and Darnell, an actual friend of mine got that 100%.

How the FUCK does that happen? She used my thesis, and she did the whole paper in 2 hours.



It's not the first time that I've heard of the lazy-ass doing better. Cheaters who do better than the people they cheat from, etc.

I'm not angry because the professor is unfair, I'm mad because I know how much I suck at school. Who am I kidding? Sure, I'll be able to graduate, but I'll be average, or worse, less than average. I don't want to spend my life being a mediocrity.

Even writing, something I used to be good at, I'm getting a C in my creative writing class.

It's needless to say that I had a long, bad day yesterday. I was away from home from 11AM to 3:20AM.










not fun knee

© Copyright 2006 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412947-im-not-good-at-school