*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413378-After-the-Ides
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#413378 added March 18, 2006 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
After the Ides
Winter 15 'Ala (March 16)


2006-03-16
afternoon, 50 degrees. 40 in Bellefontaine, OH; 57 in Haifa, Israel.

Got a card from Lee Olson that she sent from Israel. When it snows tomorrow in Ohio, will she think of going back?

Tired once again! Nice breakfast of rice and beans and chicken. Muriel is a wonderful cook.

Got my wash done. Washer broke while it was in a rinse cycle. Had to wring everything out. Put it on the fence to dry. But it was cloudy and began to sprinkle. Finally put it back out this morning and it dried.

Some of us do biographical sketches. An interesting one I came across today:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#758292 by Not Available.


GETTING TO KNOW ME

141. Prefer to write: poetry and anything short. 5 line to 30 more often than not. Usually *Heart*00 words.

142. How started: I've mentioned before that Keith Hays openend up the door. Once the genie got out, he didn't want to go back.

143. Inspires me: Just about anything. What people say. Nature most of all.

144.Favorite emotion: bitterweet.


O SON OF BEING! Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee. Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me. For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favor upon thee.

~ Bahá'u'lláh, Arabic Hidden words #11


Sketched yesterday (a bit rough still), on the Ides of March:

The Ides, This Spring

These the Ides that Caesar swore
bring us nigh to Spring.
And now the blood red maples bloom,
the red breast robins sing.

These the tides that History bore
teach us how to know
what lies beyond the edge of doom
where hope and new life grows.

These the Ides that march today
as we abide and bloom and pray.
[162.799]

Must get Tea at Three handout ready now ... back later?

2006-03-16
after vespers, 45 degrees. 63 in Tulsa, OK, under fire alert. 46 in Newton, KS.

Yep, got back.

Interesting that when I told Kylie that there were no controversial poems this week she seemed disappointed. Not what I'd expect from a young lady from Newton, Kansas.

SENSED

cedar branch 40 foot up in another tree; pear tree with the center torn out; forsythia blooming the quince; red-and-yellow striped tulips; pink and purple hyacinths; white rock arabis; green haze of pivet in first leaf; blue jay quiet in a redbud tree; red ribbons around the damaged trees that will be removed; a crane replacing guards on 3rd floor chimneys.

Today, I reached my revised goal of 800 sketches by March 20th. Nice to reach a goal. It originally was 700. Less writing crap this year and more editing. The blog has been work too. I type fairly slow. Last year I hit 1200 and the year before 1000, so that gives me over 3000 pieces to edit or trash *Bigsmile*! Actually the number is closer to 3200, and if short poems that may be clumped together are considered separately, the number is most likely over 3500 since 2002 (only about 50 from 1999-2001). As I said, nice to reach a goal.

I'm sitting here at the college library computer smelling the magnolia I picked. They may freeze tonight and we may see flakes come Sunday.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413378-After-the-Ides