*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413845-Yesterday-was-my-BIRTHDAY
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1067322
Some thoughts on living and working in France and conversations with my sheep!
#413845 added March 19, 2006 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Yesterday was my BIRTHDAY.
Yesterday I reached the ripe old age of 55. It's quite a strange feeling because your heart feels young and raring to do so many things but so often your body just won't keep up. We had some friends round for dinner and had a really good evening and didn't get to bed until 3.30 a.m.This morning I definitely feel my age!
At long last Spring seems to be making a timid apparition and I am looking forward to spending some more time with my horse, it has just been too cold recently.I use the Parelli method of Natural Horsemanship with him which is quite revolutionary c.f. traditional methods. I hope to make some real advances this year as at last I think I am mentally and physically ready.
At the moment in France we have the spectre of Avian Flu and our chickens have to be shut in. If there are more outbreaks then the whole of the French poultry industry is at risk. I am just glad we only have three!.I can remember a few years ago when there was the foot and mouth outbreak in England we were in a state of fear for months in case it took hold over here. I cannot imagine what it would be like to see my flock of ewes slaughtered in front of me which is what happenned to hundreds of farmers in England.The site of the burning pyres touched me deeply at the time. It is bad enough when we lose a ewe or a lamb.

© Copyright 2006 esperaza (UN: sheepish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
esperaza has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413845-Yesterday-was-my-BIRTHDAY