*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414304-Getting-plastered
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1067322
Some thoughts on living and working in France and conversations with my sheep!
#414304 added March 21, 2006 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Getting plastered.
Actually that was Saturday night, for the last couple of days we have been carrying on with the renovation of our farmhouse. When we bought it 15 years ago the ground floor had already been completely rewrired, walls lined, bathroom added and decorated etc. But there were only two bedrooms and upstairs was an enormous grenier[loft] totally unused. Since then we have been steadily adding wiring, insulation and so on. We are now in the process of finishing off the third bedroom . As with most things we undertake this has been ongoing for several years as It has to be fitted round the farm work. As suggested by the title I have been doing all the joints of the plasterboard, this is a very time consuming and quite boring job, but I can eventually see a light at the end of the tunnel.The next job will be nearly as bad as the whole room will need painting. Ugh!
The worst of all of this is that the weather is atlast warming up and it really feels like Spring has arrived. Over the past couple of weeks I have seen quite a few hares as it is their breeding season, this is good news because it means they are holding their own against the huntsmen. In the wood the primroses are out and in the garden the daffodils are blooming. Suddenly it seems that Winter is over, there is a softness in the air and my spirits are lifted. I love the colours of the wild Spring flowers, all shades of yellows and purples, they compliment each other so well.I can't wait to start in the garden but as always at this time of year there are so many jobs to do. The grass hasn't started growing yet so all the animals are still being fed but it shouldn't be long now.Then before you know it everything goes wild. But before that there are several weeks when the garden looks good then the weeds start their determined attack on my morale and take a strangle hold on anything cultivated. Perhaps I will have to get plastered again!

© Copyright 2006 esperaza (UN: sheepish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
esperaza has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414304-Getting-plastered