*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414874-i-cant-argue
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
#414874 added March 24, 2006 at 4:03am
Restrictions: None
i can't argue
I can never make a point when arguing. Hell, around most people in my life, I don't get a chance to make a noise when arguing, I just listen.

So, Hannah and I had another discussion that irked me today. If I took it personally, I could get from it a clear, "Shut up Susie, you're not a real person," spin out of it.

I decided not to take it personally. Basically she said that since I can't make my point in a argument, that I was wrong in every argument. "You go about life trying to convince people to do things, and when you manage it, you're right," is very similar to something she said today.

I just don't agree. A person isn't wrong just because they don't have a convincing nature. I'm not swayed easily in arguments. (I may seem it, but sometimes I just pretend to end a boring lecture)

It seems like I've been frustrated a lot with her lately. It hit me today that God knows every failure I've ever made, he's heard every complaint, and he's done me so many favors... And since I'm in this walk where I am trying to be just like him, why can't I forgive her again, and just do the little things that she asks for? I've prayed about it, fairly extensively, actually.

I've started fresh with her. I haven't prayed that God will change her, but that he'll change me. After all, usually the problem is in us and not around us. (I also think God is calling me to talk less about myself, at least in general. I need to shut up sometimes. *Smile*)


© Copyright 2006 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/414874-i-cant-argue