*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415787-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#415787 added March 29, 2006 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Trønder
SPRING: 8 Bahá (28 March)


Weather where I am: 40 and a sunny morning.

Weather where Kamilla is from: 37 and a yucky afternoon.

Carole introduced me to Kamilla last night. Carole said something about me speaking Norwegian, which I don't! But I said something anyway and Kamilla responded much to my chagrin. I did understand her though.

So, I asked her which 'fylke' she was from and she said Sør Trondelag. She's from the Trondheim area (she pronounces it 'eye'; I pronounce it 'ay'; some older people use 'yem').
When she said that her parents had land in Sweden, I queried, 'in Jamtland?' And added, 'well it use to be part of Norway'. She was truly surprized that an American would know these things. And she laughed, 'most think Norway is the capital of Sweden'. Americans aren't known for their knowledge of geography.

Talked about screwing up my entry! The first three comments were for my blog entry up to this point only. The part down to the *Bigsmile* was hidden {how is complicated to explain} and after that I added more. Just call me perplexed but glad it was fixable. So, read on!

So we spoke of where I'd like to visit. I said Porsgrunn to view the porcelain (lovely designs), Rondane (rounded hills in the high valleys south of Trondheim), Tromsø on 19 januar for Soldag (the first day when the sun returns to the Arctic sky), and especially Sogndal in Sogn-og-Fjordane. There's a folkhøgskule (sp? translates as 'folk-high-school', we don't have these in the U.S., kinda like the a college, vocational school, ongoing adult ed.) there in the fruit growing area of the Indre Sogn.

We spoke of literature. I mentioned that I read Ibsen as a teenager and that my favorite was 'Vil Anden' (Wild Duck). I couldn't remember the name of the girl who shoots herself in the end. It is Helwig. I asked whether she was familiar with Vesaas. She mentioned 'Fuglane' (Birds), one of my favorite novelettes; she hadn't read 'Is Slottet' (Ice Castles), so I encouraged her to read the sad story of Siss and Unn.

We spoke of movies. I love 'Mitt Liv som Hund' (My Life as a Dog' and 'Babette's Feast'. She encouraged me to watch the movie 'Til Sammen'.

*Bigsmile*

Well, it's later in the day! 55 and mild.

SENSED

A mix of blue and yellow like the Swedish flag, grape hyacinth standing against a carpet of crouching dandelions; cutwood piled with the dying ivy still attached; rose scent of geranium in a pot downtown; white arabis, pale phlox; rose-of-sharon with open seedpods; white violets; crush of fragrant sage between my fingers; Virginia blue-bells raising their nodding heads, getting ready to bloom; one chinodoxia; an abandoned croquet mallet without a stick.

The last movie I saw was Harry Potter 3 in July 2004. Tonight I'm going to see Brokeback Mountain. It's costing me $2 and that includes the panel discussion beforehand. I'm psyched. Unfortunately, I know what parts of the story are going to twist my gut.

Just got done talking to Ryan Carroll who really liked BBM. He's young and Ozarkian but generous and open (and really into short slender girls with dark hair *Smile*). He mentioned the single guitar line and understood the ending. Coming from rural Missouri he understood the characters.

Sketched March 26:

Fossils of forgotten lies

Like petals pressed between the pages,
butterflies stuck on pins,
like old gum lurking 'neath the desktop,
cold secrets held within,
these traces of our deepest passion
thoughtlessness or sin,
form fossils of forgotten lies and
images, rarely deeds,
but never bones or flesh or songs,
just petals, scattered weeds. [163.11]

3/29: Just edited the above poem and made a separate, reviewable item for it: "Fossils of forgotten lies

My phone was stolen between 8 and 9 last night. No one will fess up to it, so this is going to make the next few days more difficult until I get a replacement. Then I have to reprogram and everything ... not happy. I'll be at my friend Robin's house tonight, after the movie, so thankfully I don't have to be around some of the suspects and can focus on more important things.

Like buying some two toned papers for covers of a flipbook of poetry for Mother's Day/Father's Day for two friends who may be having a family addition this Summer. A flipbook is read from beginning to the middle, flipped over and read from the 'back' to the middle. Neat idea I learned from Susan Michael of Tulsa. The paper is 12" square, so I was thinking a 6" square book might be different and special. Very conducive to a circular design on front#1 and front#2. Merv Jacobs designed something similar for Debbie Duvall's Cherokee stories.

I'd have to get all the poems ready by April 30th. Have written many in the past for this couple, but need to get them organised. Wrote a new one for the mother today, need to write her a couple more. I know the father better, so he may not need another *Bigsmile*!

1,810 views, wow. Moving, moving, moving right along.

© Copyright 2006 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415787-