*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416442-Third-True-Blue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#416442 added March 31, 2006 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
Third True Blue
SPRING: 11 Bahá (31 March)


Another 'blue' month. I don't have goals for that, but neat to notice anyway. August '05 and February '06 are my other two true blues.

Weather where I am: 63 and sunny.

Weather in Tehran, Iran tonight: 59.

I have had many friends from Iran. From Shiraz, Ahwaz, Miyandoab, Tehran, Babul, Rasht, from every corner except Baluchistan. It is a very diverse country and a very troubled one. Traditionally a seat and crossroad of knowledge and culture it is having difficulty coming into the Global World community. Much of its population is very young. They have embraced the internet like very few places on the Earth. Yet, there still is a passion for holding onto ways centuries old that put them at odds with their global neighbors. There is a thin line between passion and fanatacism there.

Recently there has been concern in the Bahá'í community that the repressions and persecutions that they have been subjected to since the revolution of 1979 could be getting worse again. Historically there has been an ebb and flow of Human Rights given and denied.

Apparently the Hojjatieh Society, an anti-Bahá'í organization, has the ear of the government in furthering the proscription of any Baháí activity.

Asma Jahangir, a Pakistani, whose specialty is the recognition of Human Rights violations has reported to the United Nations that this is so.

To read about this dynamic woman go to:

http://www.time.com/time/asia/2003/heroes/asma_jahangir.html

The specific concerns of the Bahá'í community can be found here:

http://www.bahai.org/iranthreat/newsrelease

*Flower1*          *Flower2*          *Flower3*


What to say about me today? I wrote. Wrote in my journal, wrote some poetic sketches. And here I am doing a blog entry instead of getting out to enjoy the day. Missed the K.U. Drag Show put on by Q&A, but ran into Ryan who said it was a gas. Very campy this year. He had on his T-shirt, "Gay? Fine by Me!", that has become a hot item on campus. Ran into Amy too. I couldn't avoid the people I know if I tried to. BIG WORLD, small universe.

Sketched today:

Arithmatic of Cheery Pi


The 2 sits like a Q,
stands for the question,
me or you?
or you-and-me!

The answer's 4.

For what we say and do each day.
For what we finally stand for.

Like a Q,
waiting in line for the proper answer,
a queue of 2s and 4s and 8s,
all eaten and consumed
before the end-dance of the numbers,
before the counting dots encumber
the eternal string of Life's small moments,
the non-repeating Pi.
[163.27]

Yeah! 1,902 views! But few are leaving comments *Frown*.

Later after my tutoring season:

It dawned on me to check stats! Out of 1,903 views, there are 357 WDC views in the last month and 274 views by non-members. Of the total of 631 views only 5 were at 06:00, the lowest viewed hour with 58 at 23:00. There were 33 'unique' WDC viewers: 22 women and 11 men. The profile reader is female, 25-29 years old and makes $30-39k/year. My age group (whatever that is *Bigsmile*) is second.

I'm really pleased by the number of non-member views, but have no clue what these stats mean, except that I should reach out to more people and cherish those who have reached back.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416442-Third-True-Blue