*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417875-Out-of-the-Corner-of-My-Eye
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#417875 added April 6, 2006 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
Out of the Corner of My Eye
NOTE: This is something I am working on. I have thought about the concept for a long time now and am getting nowhere. Therefore, I am writing it down, to see what I get.

I sit at the computer typing, when I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. I knew that I had seen someone through the picture window approach the front door, but the doorbell did not ring and I heard no knock. I got up and went to the front door, but no one was there. I returned to the computer, but a few minutes the front door opened.

I went back to the front door, checked the screen door and found it still locked. I looked out across the front yard; it was a quiet day without a wind or breeze of any type. I closed and locked the front door and went back to the computer.

Again, I glimpsed a movement outside, but before I could get up and go to the door. The door opened and closed. At this point, I decided I was experiencing a hallucination because of lack of sleep. I saved my document, turned the computer off and went to bed. After all, I thought, the best cure for this type of hallucination is a good long sleep.

Thirty minutes later, I woke up wondering if I had closed and locked the sliding doors to the back patio. I got out of bed, put on a short robe and went to the back of the house. Sure enough, the sliding doors were open, so I closed, locked and put an old broom handle on the tracks to prevent someone from opening them from the outside. Then room by room, I checked the house and found myself on only occupant.

From the corner of my eye, I glimpsed a shadow enter my bedroom. The shadow was about the same size as myself, with quick catlike movements. …
(17 Baha 162 B.E.)


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417875-Out-of-the-Corner-of-My-Eye