*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419926-Back-To-Business
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#419926 added April 27, 2014 at 6:31am
Restrictions: None
Back To Business
I wonder why the time we spend enjoying something out of the ordinary seems to just fly by and returning to normality seems a much slower process?

I had a wonderful couple of days with my sister in Staffordshire where she lives, but already it seems ages ago and quite surreal. Today, she and her hubby are travelling by boat to Prague and I'm left looking at the photographs of my visit and feeling rather sad it's all over. But as someone once said - 'We need to come back so we can look forward to going again.'

On Thursday we enjoyed a swim, shopping and eating out, then spent the evening attempting (and failing) to iron out some of the problems she's having with her new computer. There were many giggles and refilling of glasses and two rather delicate heads the next morning.

On Friday we visited a local park called Trentham Gardens and had a thoroughly enjoyable day in long overdue spring sunshine. We perused the shopping outlets and garden centre, then ate lunch outside, before a long walk around the lake. Too soon it was time for my train to come home. *Cry*

Back to normality and humdrum this weekend and nothing to report I thought. But it seems I've been doing some astral travelling and am now helping CC in preventing da hula hula dark lord from recovering his evil Dirk duck. So, I better get my brain cell in gear and think what can be doneā€¦

Here's a few photos of my visit.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419926-Back-To-Business