*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421122-Habby-bird-day-Andie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#421122 added April 23, 2006 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
Habby bird day Andie
SPRING: 14 Jalál (22 April)


Second Day of Ridvan


Weather where I am: 81º and pleasant.

Weather in Thimpu, Bhutan this week: 47º-63º.

Weather in Delhi, India this week: 72º-106º.

For andrew

    *Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*
  *Flower4**Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*    Habbie bird day do yuu,
*Flower4**Flower4**Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*  Habbie bird day do yuu,
  *Flower4**Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*    Habbie bird ...
    *Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*

Poor babie birdie got skwisht. *Frown*

Hope you've had a habbie, habbie ... Andie!


Run, Run, Run

Went to the Kansas Relays today. I set up on the hill. It costs to get in, I'm cheap! They have high school, college and world class athletes involved each year. It used to be a huge event but fell on hard times in the 90s. Now it's back and doing well.

I wrote a letter to my friend Gary McPike while I was sitting there. His girlfriend Allison Carr is 'with child', so I assume she will not be running her 5k and 10k races till Autumn. The little boy is due in July (We know what your birthday present was last October, Gare *Smile*!) He'll join his older brother Crash- and-Smash, a.k.a. Gary-the-Guppy, a.k.a. Little G, in cheering his mom to go, go, go.

There is a nice photo and a reference to her Garys in this article about her 5k win from 2004:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/general/0510IP46M08_sports.shtml

And this is a poem I wrote for Allison a long time ago: "A Lady loves to run

SENSED

Irises and more irises; lily-of-the-valley; my first monarch butterfly and my second; black moth; broken egg; 6 week old boy; 3 year old girl (this May).

Talked to Erika, the 'soup lady' last night. She brought her friend Anya, who is Russian-Tartar from a place between Moscow and the Urals. I'm always meeting interesting poeple. Like Aurom, who is second generation Iranian from Tehran. He knows some Persian. I only know a very little.

Poetry Night

Last night was Poetry Night. Cary couldn't host it so he asked me to fill in. Next month he wants me to do it again. (Excuse? Aimee is going to have their son, Oliver, around the 12th of May. As I said, excuses)

So, once-upon-a-time, the poetry night did well, and then it didn't. We are trying to revive it. Billy, Richard, Jan, Jeanine, Christy, and Lisa came, so it was mostly me reading and leading the discussion. Billy read a gruesome poem (he's a teen-ager) and Richard writes short-shorts.

Argh, I don't want to be responsible for this, but there is no one else. I'd love it to be like the events in Tulsa, but this town doesn't have that imagination or artistic flair. The writers are so fragmented. So, one of you is going to say, "Go for it!", but I really, really want out of this town [a fine Kansas whine].

Sketched today after watching the relays (Watch out for fresh manure!):

Baton pass

all noise is blocked

you know she's coming before you hear her
breathe in, breathe out.

one foot pounds after the other
you start to run
match her pace
the pass
the grasp
secure you focus on your lane, your goal

she hears you coming
breathe in, breathe out

she starts to run
the pace well matched
two hearts in synch
the baton's now grasped

let go
as all life slows

         breathe in
                              breathe out

t h e n          w a l k

stop
to the roar of the crowd

b r e a t h e    in

b r e a t h e    out


[163.70]

Earth Day

I almost forgot the Earth Day parade and event in South Park!

Not much of a parade, but I really liked all the bikes, my friend James got to drive the city bus down Mass. There was a certain sense of humor and the 4 toilets were hilarious! Especially the one that had a boy sitting on it reading a newspaper. They even stopped and did a short routine similar to last year's library carts where they turn around in unison, etc.

There is more and more support to not put the highway through the historic Haskell-Baker Wet-Lands. But as I said to some folks, why not further south and not just the other side of the Wakarusa in the flood plain in the other wet-lands? There are those in this town who are short sighted.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421122-Habby-bird-day-Andie