*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421672-Not-Complaining-But
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#421672 added April 25, 2006 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
Not Complaining But...
I was really tired the other night. Too brain-dead to comment or review, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and revisit my own blog from this time last year. It was interesting, evoked memories and reminded me of funny, happy, sad and frustrating events I'd probably have forgotten about had I not recorded them here.

But something struck me and rather disturbed me if I'm honest. I detect since I've gathered a few readers I've become restrained and maybe superficial in my entries. I've not been that grumpy old woman who whined and complained about everything and everybody. Am I developing the proverbial British stiff upper lip? Am I bottling up pent up emotion and not being honest with myself? Is that good for my health?

So, I dedicate this entry to the good old art of moaning. Now can I find five things to have a serious moan about? I think I might just cope. *Wink*

1. The English person's favourite gripe - the weather. This year has seen some of the coldest, greyest, wettest spells I can ever remember. This spring I think I could count the sunny days on one hand. It's May next week and most of our trees are still bare and the flowers and shrubs way behind in blossoming. Would someone mind sending a little warmth and sunshine to our chilly little island?

2. Dieting. Despite sticking to a diet, cutting back severely on alcohol and upping the physical exercise, my weight has remained stationary for three weeks. We've had our assessment at the gym tonight. Yes, the weight and body fat have gone down, but the blood pressure and heart rate are up. (I spent the afternoon with mother) Is it true the flab is turning to muscle and muscle weighs more? I started this regime aiming to be slimmer and more feminine, not to end up looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

3. Inefficient people. One thing I generally am is organised. Why do others find this so difficult? I seem to spend a hell of a lot of time chasing up people. I sent forms to two friends for our college reunion - they lost them. I've phoned people to remind them they need to pay up for our trip to Ascot - they forget. I send e-mails regarding school reunions - they are ignored until it's too late. I realise people are busy and have their own lives, but why is it my responsibility to organise everyone else?

4. Messy men. How come men can fall out of bed in the morning and never wonder how it gets made again? What do they think happens to the clothes they drop on the floor and then find clean and ironed back in their drawers? Why is it my job to wipe shaving hairs from the sink, crumbs from the kitchen surfaces, remove socks from the floor and empty all their rubbish from waste bins? Why don't they see the manpiles cluttering every surface? Why don't they care? Why do I get accused of nagging if I mention these things? I'm not a domestic goddess but I do like order in my home and life.

5. Verrucas. Whilst reading my blog I noticed I mentioned the verruca on my foot during last April. Despite trying many treatments it persists. I researched verrucas on the internet and apparently they can last for over ten years. *Shock* I believe my verruca is going to outlive me. Does this mean it will inherit all my money and go out partying in all my clothes? I bet it won't do all my organising or clear up after my men though.

So, that's it - a damn good moan. Do I feel better for that? Possibly, but I can tell I'm seriously out of practice and must work hard to restore my grumpy old woman status. I guess it's like riding a bike though; you never really forget how to do it.




© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421672-Not-Complaining-But