*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422017-The-future
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#422017 added April 27, 2006 at 9:17am
Restrictions: None
The future
Morning to everyone. Well, as i was on my to campus today I realised that I didn't have a topic for today. I was a little bummed because I didn't have anything to rant and rave about. So, then I looked up from the book I was reading (Seeds Of Yesterday - V.C. Andrews) and I noticed that most of the people in the maxi were women with the little children carrying them to school.

It made me think about how life would be with a little me running around the place. It was hard for me to really try to picture it because as I said before, I cannot see myself in 10 years, so i was trying for a good 5 minutes to envision me having a child and playing with him/her and cradling it etc. I felt kinda sad after because it made me realise how much I do want to have children. Just imagine! Me, dressing my kid for school telling him to behave, me hugging my little girl every night, propping her on my knee, rubbing my little boy's head.. so many things...

But, I know that a child isn't all fun & games. I mean come ON! I've seen my aunt's children and they look like they could be quite a handful. I mean the what if's are just ridiculous when it comes to having children. In posts #26 'Should Verbal+Physical abuse be an option' and #22 'Boys & Girls, should we raise them the same..' I talk a little about raising children and some Do's + Don'ts and some of the difficulties there are wihth raising kids in today's society. With the world changing so rapidly parents have to be on their toes and aware with what's going on. Will I be like that? Will I be able to understand the problems my kids are having? Will I be able to protect them from the evils of the world? Will I be able to have a good relationship with them? Will my children love me? .... I don't know the answer to these questions...

All i know is that I badly want to have kids and I hope that I will live to see the day when that happens.

Before I end off, I have to include this piece I read in a book I finished yesterday (If There be Thorns -V.C. Andrews). It doesn't relate back to thi particular topic, but its a good exaple of the love I want to share with a lady one day.

I pray that some day Bart will see life my way - that love - no matter what its form, or how it comes wrapped, is worth the price, no matter how high.
Between the choice of love or money I'll take love. But, first comes dancing. And when Bart is old and grey and he sits in Foxworth Hall counting his billions, I'll sit with my wife and family content with the happy memories of how it used to be when I was young, graceful handsome, on stage with the footlights in my eyes, the sound of applause in my ears and I'll know I fulfilled my destiny.


The significance of that was to show money can't buy happiness. True love is what you need in life to be content... hopefully everyone will find true love in their life. Even me.

© Copyright 2006 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422017-The-future