*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422233-Colour-difference
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#422233 added May 2, 2006 at 8:54am
Restrictions: None
Colour difference
A cheerful morning to W.com. Life is looking up since i've finished 2 out of 5 of my finals. So, this morning i'm taking it a little easy and not panicking. I actually was feeling really lazy and didn't feel like blogging, but i'm digging through the pain and making the extra effort to make a commitment to all my loyal readers out there. Whoever they may be...

Well, as usual on my way up to campus I once again realised I didn't have a topic (anyone noticing a pattern :P). So, I sat down and began thinking about what i could possible argue about this morning. I wanted something simple to talk about that wouldn't require me to use too much brainpower. I was thinking to just talk about how guys dress like thugs and how they think they're the shit, but instead i decided to change my focus on something else...

There was a girl I mentioned before named Courtney. She's on a foreign exchange program with several other girls. I met her about 3 months back and ever since I met her we hang out and I show her around my country, cuz I mean she's a foreigner! But, the catch to all of this is that she's white! Well, to most of you reading this, it wouldn't be something major but where I live there are mostly people who are either black or indian with chineese being the minority. So, if you're white its a really big deal.

Why is it a big deal? I dunno! People stare and gawk anytime they see her and her friends walking the street. People will literally stop driving to stare at her as she passes by. I mean, people are supposed to be people right? Because the mere fact her skin colour is different does that mean se has to be stared upon like a spectacle? Oh, wait .. maybe its because she has blonde hair. Because she has white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes people are just astounded by this and just see the need to constant shout out ' Whitey!' or even 'White pu**y!' Yeah, i've heard alot of the stuff they call her and there have been even some other they call her when i'm not around.

Do i feel bad for her? Yeah! Of course i do! How would i feel if i go America and i'm subject to that same ridicule? I wouldn't like it at all, at all. I'd be disgusted, angry and wonder why people can't mind their damn business. And everyday she has to put up with this. I probaly don't understand HOW hard it is for her when she tells me about this, but i try my best to understand and tell her to ignore it. I think she has grown accostomed to it now and she ignores people for the most part when they give her stares and tell her stuff.

I can talk more about this topic, but i kinda wanna wrap up, but i do promise i'll address this topic on a late note. Probaly i'll do a part 2 to it or something.
Peace out peoples.

© Copyright 2006 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422233-Colour-difference