*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422048-From-Glory-to-Beauty
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#422048 added April 27, 2006 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
From Glory to Beauty
SPRING: 19 Jalál (27 April)


*Flower1* *Flower1*          Seventh Day of Ridvan          *Flower1* *Flower1*


Today is the last day of the month of Glory. That means tomorrow is the first (duh...) day of the month of Beauty. Nice that it comes in the spring.

Weather where I am: 70º and a pleasant evening.

Weather in Fort Smith, AR where my cousin Allen is: 72º

Sketched yesterday:

Potter's pond


I am the potter; this is my pond.
The ooze of my clay that flows through my toes
brings to the surface, the green lily pads.
I fashion my bowels to hold bluegill bones.
Deep in the morning, glazed icy sheen's
the mirror of my face, this old gnarled gnome,
knows that the blackbird's shoulder red patched,
screeches the warning, "this is my home"

Under wand willow's broomsticks of gold.
the weave of the cattails textures my mould
In the swirl of the seasons with fingers that feel,
I am the potter; this pond is my wheel. [163.77]

I went to Tea at Three. Shared my poems. Talked to friends. Met Ben Snyder again. Ran into Mary Klader! I'll need to visit her during finals week. She's busy till then. She helped me get a portfolio together last December. I've been remiss in revisiting her as promised.

SENSED

Pink peonies; pink portulaca; white iris; chicken and rice; smashed car window; robins; bracket fungus; mini-black-dog; yellow rose; purple clematis.

The 29th, 30th, and 1st were very stressful three years ago. As close to suicidal as I've ever been. I have promised myself that I will replace these bad memories with some new good ones. That may mean short blog entries this weekend (or super long ones!) *Smile*

Even though the situations surrounding those three days have gotten better (mostly by my perseverance and patience), it is time to celebrate the beauty of the season and create something new. Assertiveness is also a virtue I hear. I may even tell some folks how I feel. Might share with them what happened. I've carried the burden too long.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422048-From-Glory-to-Beauty