*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422447-9th-of-Ridvan-Under-the-Locust
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#422447 added May 1, 2006 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
9th of Ridvan; Under the Locust
SPRING: 2 Jamál (29 April)


*Flower2* *Flower2*          Ninth Day of Ridvan          *Flower2* *Flower2*


Weather where I am this morning: 50º and moist

Weather where Nada is in Ojai, CA: 60º

Went to Aimeés this morning again. Alex was working. We spoke of how she managed to write three papers about her experiences during spring break. She focused on the impact of the national policy of 'no child left behind'. Both on teachers and students. She was not favorably impressed.

Written this morning at Aimeés:

Under the Locust

Golden fingers, lacelike spread
the blue of sky etched overhead.
My pillow's soft and green.
These memories of childhood's spring
wave in breezes above my head.
Aloft the chartreuse leafy lace,
guards my sap, my secret place.
[163.83]

Because this is the Ninth Day of Ridvan, a Bahá'í Holy Day I post this quote (He = Bahá'u'lláh):

In the Súriy-i-Sabr, revealed as far back as the year 1863, on the very first day of His arrival in the garden of Ridván, He thus affirms: “God hath sent down His Messengers to succeed to Moses and Jesus, and He will continue to do so till ‘the end that hath no end’; so that His grace may, from the heaven of Divine bounty, be continually vouchsafed to mankind.”


The link: http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/se/WOB/wob-37.html?query=ridvan&action=highlight...

SENSED

Too much coffee; cockroach climbing a wall (not at the coffeehouse!); pink irises (I took pictures); locust tree; bacon; pancakes; magarine; unswept trash; honeysuckle bush; white clover; white kentucky coffeebean flowers; new and old pods on a redbud tree; smell of iris, rose and pine; yellow violas; lantana starting to bloom; variegated grass; locust in bloom; flicker bobbing its red head in and out of a hole in a tree.


I spoke to my mom today. She asked me whether I knew Die Lorelei and the word for 'Tuesday' in German. I'd forgotten that Dienstag was the word in question. And of course I've known the tune of Die Lorelei since childhood and the basic folklore too. I even know the tune starts on A-flat. But can't remember what key it's in. My mother thought G. But that's not possible (G would be G,A,B,C,D,E,F-sharp). So what's 5 flats?

Spoke to Cyndy Wright in Peoria today. She said she'd rather be on a beach in the Carolinas than Illinois. I joked that I could imagine her sitting there watching a hurricane come in saying, "Hey, Old Lady of the Waters, try to blow me off this beach."

Asking for reviews

These items have 8 or 9 reviews and I'd love to get 10 so I can figure out some stats and decide whther they need further editing. Please, though, do me a favor and ignore ratings by other people. I need your honest impression, thumbs up or down.

"Mission girl 13+: We are becoming a class stratified society. Not all of us are ab-fab. Sarcastic?
"Seventeen 13+: An anniversary poem for friends who married late in life.
"'heart's home' ASR: A prose poem lament in letter form to a friend from New York praising Oklahoma and Kansas.
"Koan on an October sky ASR: Based on the prompt: like an image tattooed on the sky.
"The silk shrouded Rose 13+: A prose poem vignette written in 20 minutes with a prompt: a bench and a found object ...
"One ... Mississippi ... Two ASR: Kansas perspective as Hurricane Dennis approached Mississippi. Then Katrina hit.

They all are 'poetry', but quite different from each other in form. Thanks in advance.



The previous entry (below) "M'aider: May Day mayday for the USA is political and therefore is given its own entry, especially for comments.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422447-9th-of-Ridvan-Under-the-Locust