*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423944-Marooned-this-Misty-Moisty-May
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#423944 added May 8, 2006 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Marooned, this Misty Moisty May
SPRING: 9 Jamál (6 May)


*Balloon5* *Balloon5*          *Heart*           *Balloon5* *Balloon5*


Weather where I am: 57º and a moist afternoon.

Weather in Mesa, Arzona: 84º and sunny.

Weather in Timbuktu, Mali: 99º this evening. Temps will range from a low of 75º to a high of 112º this week.

My aunt is settling in in Arizona. Mesa has grown to 160,000 from 30,000 when she first lived there years ago. Quite a change. She went from green moist North Carolina to dry sand Arizona. It will take her more than a week to adjust.

SENSED

Red painted-daisies; bumblebee; baby rabbit; rose scent; ivory lantana; violet dame's rockets; purple and pink flowered age; the crush of aromatic sage; droplets; deep red peony; fragrant iris; broken branch still sending out leaves.

Yesterday, I visualized that Gary or Kev would call. Gary did! Just not the right Gary *Frown* and the call wasn't for me it was for Jeff who has borrowed my phone before. Well, who cares, I sent Gary a postcard anyway *Laugh*. And I know he's smiling because the Sabres knocked off Ottawa 7-6 in OT in Ottawa last night. Wouldn't surprize me if he weren't feeling no pain last night. Or that any other hockey fan in Buffalo was either. A road win is not easy in the NHL.

Sometime, today or yesterday, this blog reached 3,000 views. Yikes, I'll have to make a new goal.

Maroon, Maroon, I feel I've been marooned ...
Click on to view this color:

http://users.rcn.com/giant.interport/COLOR/MAROON.html

99% from Wikipedia:

Maroon is a color mixture composed of brown and purple. Although conceptually a color mixture, it can be regarded as a dark (and possibly also desaturated) shade of red. Derived from French marron ("chestnut"), it didn't become a color-word in English until ca. 1791.

1.) Maroon is the national color of the Republic of Latvia, and is featured in its National flag. Historical evidence places the Latvian flag among the oldest flags in the world, hence this shade of red is sometimes also referred to as Latvian Red.
2.) Maroon is the official color of the state of Queensland, Australia. It is also used by the state's sporting teams, where it is usually pronounced "Mah-rone"
3.) Maroon is also one of the two school colors of the University of the Philippines (the other is forest green). The sporting team that represents the University is called the Fighting Maroons.
4.) Maroon and white were my high school colors. Shared by: Lafayette College, Alabama A&M University and Mississippi State University.
5.) Australian Football Brisbane Lions (with blue)
6.) Gaelic Games: County Galway and County Westmeath
7.) Rugby League: Queensland Maroons (aka "The Cane Toads")
8.) Ronald Weasley of the Harry Potter universe always receives a maroon sweater from his mother for Christmas.
9.) Pop/rock band Maroon 5.
10.) Folgers coffee was often sold in maroon-colored cans.


Forever's "Colors of Our Lives ... Forever"

Please visit her blog! if you haven't already *Bigsmile*.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#952766 by Not Available.

Sarah has done wonderful entries based on the colors of our sight (she hasn't gotten around to our insight yet ... then again perhaps she has*Delight*.)

Green: "Invalid Entry A great picture of her tulips and who she is (me, too).
Blue: "Invalid Entry "Blue jeans are the most beautiful things since the gondola," Diana Vreeland.
Red: "Invalid Entry Murphy has visited.
Purple: "Invalid Entry One of Sarah's favorites. Zimbabwe, also a favorite.
Yellow: "Invalid Entry "The goldenrod is yellow, The corn is turning brown, The trees in apple orchards With fruit are bending down," Helen Hunt Jackson.
Orange: "Invalid Entry My favorite color!
Black: "Invalid Entry "Any colour - so long as it's black," Henry Ford.
White: "Invalid Entry Ivory wedding dress. Can you wear white?
Brown: "Invalid Entry Dead headgehog and 'Writing Tasks'.
Pank: "Invalid Entry for CC and all manly men.
Grey: "Invalid Entry Are pink elephants grey?

Written on May 4th and just a tad surreal? *Rolleyes*

Color me ... yours

Where were you when I was young;
did you have green eyes, blue hair?
Would I have licked your warm orange skin;
could you have smelled my fear?

Of sweet magnolia, wisteria,
night, marooned with myrrh,
the scented wood of sandalwood,
the everchanging here ...

When were you here?
when I was young,
black ears, red eyes, gold fur.

Do you take a second glance?
Is this now your second chance?
to know me truly dear ...

Me, grey lipped, snake-tongued,
three leggèd cur, in love,
forever yours. [163.96]

My "Swedish connection" is still working. The guy at the library desk has the Swedish flag on his backpack because he has a friend in Tåby (spelling) near Stockholm. On Thursday, I spoke with two students who were studying for their second semester Swedish class. Who knows what other Swedish surprizes await me *Smile*!

For me, a link to Tåby (links at left, the church = kyrkan): http://hem.passagen.se/vilbergen/

But it's probably Täby. So a picture of its church (links at bottom: kyrka, kapell):
http://www.tabyforsamling.com/

Swedes seem to be very proud of their churches. Perhaps because the parish is still an important concept, and the church will be one of the oldest buildings in many places.

Oh ... and AL put me in for a raffle and I won it! Tack så mycket!

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423944-Marooned-this-Misty-Moisty-May