*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426258-Pure-Indulgence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#426258 added May 16, 2006 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Pure Indulgence
I've had a busy morning preparing sandwiches and snacks as the host of a geriatrics tea party. As I mentioned, my 92 year-old Aunty, accompanied by her son-in-law has been over to see my parents. Realising preparations would be too much for my mum and dad, I volunteered to prepare the food. Anyway, it's done and dusted and I'm now back at home and about to start preparing dinner here. When I retired from teaching I didn't expect to go into the world of catering, but life constantly throws up surprises.

On that note I'd like to thank jessiegirl for the lovely c-note and merit badge. This young lady never fails to amaze me with her kindness and thoughfulness to others, despite facing a lot of her own problems. Also a HUGE thank you to the lovely Nada for making my otherwise humdrum day very, very special. She'll understand what I mean. *Wink*

Tomorrow we were supposed to be going for a day at the seaside with some friends, but something has cropped up and they can't make it. After five days of parent caring and visiting, I've decided I'm going to treat myself to a shopping expedition instead. Call me shallow, materialistic, vain, selfish or any other adjective you choose but I'm going to shop until I drop and spend, spend, spend. Just keep everything crossed there are no falls or emergencies while I'm gone.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426258-Pure-Indulgence