*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427315-The-Meaning-Of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#427315 added February 17, 2013 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Meaning Of Life
Now don't go looking at that heading and thinking I've had a brainstorm or am about to reveal some profound and articulate discovery. Surely by now, you know me better than that. *Laugh*

It's actually the title of a book I discovered in my bookcase yesterday as I was hunting for some suitable reading material to take to my mum. The weather this weekend has been so bad, it wasn't even fit for her to take the short trip to the library and without a book she's totally lost.

This little book was sent to me by an Australian friend some time ago and I'd forgotten it was in my collection. Every page features black and white photographs of animals, some quite hilarious with little philosophies under each picture. It was a joy to read through it again and so true I thought I'd share some of its messages. Well, what else can I do on yet another rainy day? I daren't risk going shopping again for at least another year. lol

The book claims life isn't about answers but about questions such as -

1. Why are we so overly impressed by and obsessed with objects and achievements of immense scale, when it is actually the tiny little things that, when put together, make big things possible?

2. Why do we create our own little worlds so we have the illusion of being totally in control of our entire existence, when we know with absolute certainty that we are not?

3. Why do we go on and on about individuality being the very essence of who we are, and then accept a degrading level of conformity in virtually every facet of our lives?

4. Why do we get so hung up on what we don't agree on, when in fact it's our differences that make life interersting?

5. Why is it when passions are inflamed we choose to argue and fight, when dancing the cha-cha is less injurious, far more enjoyable, and equally effective in resolving the tension?

I thought these rather thought-provoking and very very true. As for the meaning of life, the book doesn't claim any profound theories, but does conclude, ' The only theme that resonates throughout the numerous, popular life theories is love. Love, in all its fragile forms, is the one powerful, enduring force that brings real meaning to our everyday lives.'

Not just the people you love, but figuring out what you love to do and doing it. That way, by doing the things that make your whiskers curl up with delight you will inspire someone else to go after their dreams and go to sleep at night knowing you gave your all and made a difference.

I thought this rather appropriate to our little blog world, our place to share our thoughts and dreams, our successes and failures, our joy and sadness, fears and ambitions. And it is a place filled with WUB; not a day goes by without some proof of that.

Today I thank Nada and chalaedra for the lovely merit badges and for anyone who hasn't seen the following two items please check them out. I guarantee you'll WUB them too.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1108444 by Not Available.



 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1054725 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427315-The-Meaning-Of-Life