*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427795-Simple-Pleasures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#427795 added April 30, 2014 at 5:34am
Restrictions: None
Simple Pleasures
I woke to the sound of silence this morning and the sky a strange bluish colour with no precipitation falling from it. What a change that made. It's still far from warm and a cold wind doesn't make spending too much time outside a pleasant experience, but it did give me a chance to pot up some of those poor, neglected bedding plants into tubs and baskets. I could almost hear their sighs of relief as I rescued them from their waterlogged containers and rehoused them in fresh, dry compost. Being in the garden made me realise why rain is essential, although I'd like a bit less of it lately. Without the rain, the beautiful specimens in the photos below wouldn't survive or blossom.

Life has its difficulties and problems right now and is far from perfect, but some things make me really appreciate being retired from work. The joys of blog reading with breakfast, the opportunity to seize this little patch of dry weather to spend in the garden and the freedom to choose how to spend a spare hour are rewards no wages can match. And whatever we believe life to be, no one can deny the beauty and pleasure of some of the things nature has presented us with. Next time I'm whining or being grumpy, just remind me of this. I probably won't take any notice but…*Laugh*

Tomorrow we're going to Liverpool for a couple of days. A friend of my sons is playing in a band at The Cavern, so it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I used to teach this young man when he was six. Record companies are seriously following them; when they are rich and famous I fully intend to remind him how his old teacher used to make special shopping trips to purchase 'Teddy Robinson' books for him. Oh, and rain is forecast - how quaint.

So, while I'm away, I won't be able to write home every day, but be sure Scarlett will be thinking of you as she revisits the home of The Beatles because -

SHE WUBS YOU.

YEAH, YEAH YEAH.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427795-Simple-Pleasures