*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427786-Sense-of-touch
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#427786 added May 31, 2006 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Sense of touch
SPRING: 7 'Azamát (23 May)


*Gift4*           Declaration of the Báb           *Gift4*



llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
l*Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5*l
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllll*Flower2**Flower5*lllllllllll*Flower5**Flower2*lllll
lllll*Flower5*llllllllllllllllll*Flower5*lllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllll*Flower5*llllllllllllllll
lllllllllllll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*lllllllllllll
lllllllllll*Flower5*llllll*Flower5*lllllllllll
llllllll*Flower5*llll*Flower2*llll*Flower5*llllllll
lllllllllll*Flower5*llllll*Flower5*lllllllllll
lllllllllllll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*lllllllllllll
llllllllllllllll*Flower5*llllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllll*Flower5*llllllllllllllllll*Flower5*lllll
lllll*Flower2**Flower5*lllllllllll*Flower5**Flower2*lllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

l*Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5**Flower5*l

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll



Weather where I am this morning: 77º and promising to be hot.

Weather in Boulder, Colorado: 64º

Weather in Melbourne, Australia: 48º at midnight.

Bahá'í Holy day

Today is the Declaration of The Báb, which is the day when the Babí, later the Bahá'í, Faith began. In western calenders that would be the evening of May 22nd, 1844. The celebration here will be this evening, but it isn't being held where I can easily get to and from.

A quote from the Bayán (II, 16):

It is better to guide one soul than to possess all that is on earth, for as long as that guided soul is under the shadow of the Tree of Divine Unity, he and the one who hath guided him will both be recipients of God’s tender mercy, whereas possession of earthly things will cease at the time of death. The path to guidance is one of love and compassion, not of force and coercion.

IMAGES

From Saturday?: Orange ranunculus in bloom at the Greek restaurant; red holleyhock; leaving my umbrella by the sugar at the coffeehouse; clear skies at dusk; 80s; the squawk of the night-hawks.


Time to make chapbooks and sell?

Gave Carole the last chapbook last night. She reads my poetry to her sister. They think I should be published, so, I need to sit with Carole to discuss what it would take to make a bunch and sell them. The "Tea at Three" chapbook wouldn't be my first choice to sell. I think a group of coffeehouse poems or vignettes of some of the local characters would be better.

I watch dusk's sky


and the clouds show anger,
crstal meth adrift

and the plains are higher
than the coasts admit;

they bear the thunder
of oft promised rain

and the plains clench dryer
than birth pain

for the sky turns grey
when the sun has slipped

on the day's dismay
and our plain regrets

and the clouds grow angry
over lives adrift.
[163.145]

Power of touch

I feel the rough of bark of the trees sometimes, just to evoke a sense of connectedness. Sycamore feels different from pine, different from elm.

New leaves are different from old. Oak is leathery; redbud smooth. The sycamore leaves are dropping from the drought. I've seen oak and linden drooping from the stress.

I stop to pick rose petals, sage, mint, thyme, pine needles, honeysuckle flowers and put them in my pockets. Each time I go for the keys or money, there is a fragrance to remind me.

I use my eyes alot. Jot down what I see, have to remember to record what I hear. I'm aware of smells but not always conciously. Perhaps I take 'touch' too much for granted. Without putting my feet to the ground I'd get nowhere. And I've yet to perfect floating in my sleep. Even this blog does not get done unless my fingers tap the keyboard. And I am not emotionally healthy without a touch of kindness.

Reading

"Cider House Rules", very slowly. A bit each night. I'm to the part where Homer has to deliver a baby and try to save the mother because Dr. Larch is chasing Clara-the-cadaver all the way to Augusta.

Finshed the prose poem letters of Richard Hugo, but need to go back and read the dreams. It's a book I would purchase if I could.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427786-Sense-of-touch